Harcourt Assessment Rebuilds with Michael Hansen as New CEO
- Harcourt Names Waterhouse President and COO; Focus on Domestic Education Business. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the promotion of Lloyd Waterhouse as the president and chief operating officer of Harcourt Education and developments on the company's business units. Waterhouse will report to the company's Global CEO Pat Tierney and will focus on the company's domestic operations in...
- Peopleï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;9/22/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p8
The article announces the appointment of Lloyd "Buzz" Waterhouse as the president and chief operating officer of Harcourt Education. Waterhouse, the former chief executive officer (CEO) and chairman of Reynolds and Reynolds will report directly to Pat Tierney, Harcourt Education Global CEO....
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Harcourt Education Performs for Reed Elsevier, Driving K-12 Education Revenue Up 79% in 2002. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expansion of the revenue of Harcourt Education, the kindergarten-grade 12 division of Reed Elsevier PLC, in 2002.
- Testing Slump Knocks Harcourt Education's U.S. K-12 Revenue Down 6% in First Six Months. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the decline in U.S. revenue of education at Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Profit gained at Harcourt's U.S. schools and testing businesses; Optimism of Reed Elsevier chief executive officer Crispin Davis regarding the result; Rate of revenue at Pearson Education.
- Job Cuts Coming to Harcourt Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of Harcourt Education to reduce its workforce, as of January 2003. Reasons for the decision; Details of the staff reduction program.
- Education cuts fight. Larkin, Jim // Printing World;12/9/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the fight of a union against Harcourt Education Group on job cuts in Oxford, England.