Bridging the Gap With a Behemoth
- Microsoft to acquire Vicinity Corp. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/1/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p2B
Reports on the plan of Microsoft Corp. to acquire software company Vicinity Corp. Value of the deal; Background on Vicinity; Number of employees of Vicinity in California and New Hampshire.
- HIMSS Absorbs MS-HUG. // Health Management Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the consolidation of HIMMS and the Microsoft Healthcare Users Group (MSHUG). Terms of the agreement; Mission of the organizations.
- SEARCH ENGINE WEBSITES. Burmaster, Alex // Media Week;2/19/2008, Issue 1150, p15
The article focuses on the idea of a Yahoo and Microsoft merger in an attempt to challenge Google's Internet domination. Statistics show that Google is the most visited website, with 274 million visitors globally, representing 80% of people online. It is followed by Microsoft with 262 million...
- Yahoo! bid withdrawn. // Campaign;5/9/2008, Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the decision of Microsoft Corp. to withdraw its proposed acquisition of Yahoo! Inc. after they failed to agree on the price. Moreover, Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer (CEO) of Microsoft, informed Jerry Yang, CEO of Yahoo!, about the decision which was followed by...
- Healthcare LBOs Make a Comeback.12. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the increase in the number of healthcare services companies in the U.S. that are rushing to to private by entering into leveraged buyout deals. Benefits of going private for healthcare companies; Growing interest in hospital assets.
- Microsoft Responds to Yahoo's Rejection. // Red Herring;2/11/2008, p2
The article reports on the response of Microsoft Corp. to the decision of Yahoo to reject its $44.6 billion offer to purchase the search engine company. The software company said that Yahoo's rejection does not change its belief that a Microsoft-Yahoo combination makes good strategic sense. The...
- Microsoft Finalizes aQuantive Acquisition: the Latest in Online Advertising Buying Spree. Jones, Molly // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;8/23/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of online digital advertising company aQuantive by Microsoft Corp. for $6 billion in Seattle, Washington. The deal enables Microsoft to redefine itself as a software-plus-services company which provides online advertising and devices. Microsoft will also...
- Technicalities: A Plugged Brain Drain? Balaci, Dumitru // Transitions Online;7/7/2003, pN.PAG
Discusses the concerns of Romanian information technology managers on the acquisition of Romania anti-virus software development firm GeCAD Software by Microsoft. Background of GeCAD Software; Impact of the acquisition on the software and information technology industry in Romania; Reason of...
- Adobe Takes Aim at Microsoft. Pruitt, Scarlet; Williams, Martyn; Cowley, Stacy // InfoWorld;4/25/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p18
This article reports on a decision by Adobe Systems to acquire Macromedia to put its operations in contention with Microsoft, as of April 2005. The deal marries the ubiquitous PDF and Acrobat Reader software of Adobe with the Flash products of Macromedia for creating media content. Adobe will...