Investors See Promise In Wind Power Projects
- Economic Feasibility Applied to Wind Energy Projects. de Oliveira, Wagner Sousa; Fernandes, Antonio Jorge // International Journal of Emerging Sciences;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p659
This paper focuses on the economic and financial assessments for renewable energy projects, especially wind energy. The objective of an economic feasibility analysis is to provide the information needed to make a judgment or a decision. The most complete analysis of an investment in a technology...
- The Status and Future of Wind Energy Technology. Thresher, Robert; Robinson, Michael; Veers, Paul // AIP Conference Proceedings;9/12/2008, Vol. 1044 Issue 1, p340
The article provides an overview on the status and future of wind energy technology in the United States. Several indications that wind energy technology has improved include the decline of capital costs and increased in efficiency. In 2006, the total U.S. wind energy capacity had increased to...
- Energy boost. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);3/24/2008, Issue 7744, p52
The article reports on the upcoming demand of energy in Great Britain by the year 2015, in which they need another 30GW-35GW each year to meet. According to wind power specialist Vestas Technology, the renewable energy provision is growing fast, more than ï¿½1 billion is being spent on...
- Urban wind power: Breezing into town. Knight, Jonathan // Nature;7/1/2004, Vol. 430 Issue 6995, p12
Investigates the world's highest urban wind farm which could be a flagship project for renewable energy in New York City. Amplification of imbalance in the blades by centrifugal forces; Role of rooftop generation; Occurrence of wind generation at wind farms in remote rural areas or offshore.
- Blowhards. // Governing;Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p76
Presents a graphical representation of megawatts of wind power-generating capacity in the U.S. as of January 4, 2005.
- The Irresistible Power of Ainsworth's Wind. // Nebraska Life;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p87
Presents information on a public power wind energy farm located in Ainsworth, Nebraska.
- Winds of Change. Fischbach, Amy Florence // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2009, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p22
The article provides information on the adoption of sustainable wind power supply used by most of the companies in the U.S. It mentions the demand for clean and reliable energy in the country and cites the efforts of the electrical contracting companies in providing sustainable energy from the...
- Good News for Wind. // Power Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the developments in wind power generation in the U.S. A study found that the total cost of wind energy delivered to all Minnesota customers is less then one-half cent per kilowatt of wind generation. Other events that generate momentum for wind industry include the...
- Costa del wind. Castano, Ivan // Utility Week;8/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
Deals with the plan of Spain to use wind power rather than solar to meet its green goals. Background of Spain as the second-biggest producer of wind power after Germany; Views of Ramon Fiestas, secretary general of the Plataforma de Empresas Eolicas, on the future of the sector; Suggestion on...