The Battle for Commodity ETFs
- Hard Choices. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p137
The article focuses on exchange-traded funds (ETF) and exchange-traded notes (ETN) in the U.S. Barclays Global Investors has launched its own commodity ETF called iShares GSCI Commodity-Indexed Trust which monitors the Goldman Sachs Commodity Index and has also introduced 2 index-tracking ETN...
- Barclays Times It Right With Bond ETFs. Brent, Andrew // Investment Management Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the debut of a bond exchange-traded fund by the company Barclays Global Investors as of August 19, 2002.
- ETF, Barclays See Exchange-Traded Muni Funds on the Horizon. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p6
Reports on the issue of exchange-traded funds (ETF) by San Francisco, California-based financial firms ETF Advisors and Barclays Global Investors Ltd. Interest shown by individuals and institutional investors in ETF; Comparison between exchange-traded closed-end and open-ended funds;...
- Barclays Unit Adds Exchange-Traded Fund. // American Banker;10/15/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 198, p7
Barclays Global Investors Ltd. has announced that it introduced another exchange-traded fund, the iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average Index Fund, which will be traded on the American Stock Exchange. The portfolio, which tracks the Dow Jones Transportation Average Index, expands the iShares...
- New Barclay's ETFs Based On Morningstar Ratings. Burke, Kevin // Money Management Executive;3/15/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the launch of new exchange-traded funds (ETF) by Barclay's Global Investors (BGI) based on the Morningstar style box methodology. Large market share of Barclay's successful ETF business; Financial advisors' reliance on Morningstar's research; Need of approval for the launch from the...
- New Species of Exchange Traded Funds Awaiting US Regulatory Approval. Alexander, Jan; McCrary, Ernest S. // Global Finance;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the increasing popularity of exchange traded funds (ETF) among institutional and individual investors. Use of ETF for hedge funds; Value of the ETF of Barclays Global Investments; Growth of ETF assets in 2001; Types of actively managed ETF.
- EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS. // Money Marketing;5/3/2007, p59
The article evaluates the iShares FTSE Bric 50 Exchange-traded fund from Barclays Global Investors.
- Barclays: Growth Coming in Fixed Income. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;9/29/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 187, p7
Barclays Global Investors Ltd. is continuing to expand its fixed-income exchange-traded fund menu while investors pull assets out of bond and money market funds at a record pace. The San Francisco, California-based unit of Barclays PLC launched its fifth fixed-income exchange-traded fund on...
- Sector ETF expense ratios falling. O'Connor, Cecily // Pensions & Investments;5/15/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p1
This article reports that expense ratios for exchange-traded funds (ETF) have dropped as much as 26% this year as industry expansion and competition drive down cost. Barclays Global Investors, San Francisco, California with $207 billion in ETF assets under management as of May 5, entered the...