Running Hot and Cold: Can Weather And Wealth Make Bosses Self-Centered?
- A PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION OF THE APPLICABILITY OF SITUATIONAL LEADERSHIP IN OTHER CULTURES. Ramkissoon, Arlene // International Journal of Business Strategy;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p43
This paper is a review of the literature which covers the topic of situational leadership (SL). First, the theory of situational leadership will be reviewed followed by its application in the workplace by both managers and subordinates. This will be followed by an analysis of past research on SL...
- The Linkage Between Turkish Managers' Leadership Orientations and Their Innovativeness Feature: An Empirical Study. Ayranci, Evren; Çolakoğlu, Nurdan // International Business Research;Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p26
The dual issues of leadership features and innovativeness constitute an important component of the related literature along with the studies focusing on the connections between these two. The current study considers this connection with the notion that innovativeness should be included as a...
- What Is Cross-cultural Research. Olatundun, Ilesanmi Oluwatoyin // International Journal of Psychological Studies;2009, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p82
This paper discusses the major principles and methods of cross-cultural research, particularly how to test hypotheses on worldwide samples of cultures. The major purpose of this presentation is to encourage an increase in cross-cultural research by showing that it is not hard to do.
- Writing Therapies--An Ethnographic Approach to Transcultural Therapies. Sturm, Gesine; Nadig, Maya; Moro, Marie Rose // Forum: Qualitative Social Research;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
The paper presents an ethnographic research in the ethnopsychoanalytic tradition about a specific type of therapy, which was developed in France: the transcultural therapy in a "multicultural group setting." The authors detail the construction of their methodological approach, which relies on...
- The Art of Delegation. Hecht, Frank // American Jails;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p47
The article focuses on the qualities that would determine the effectiveness of ability to delegate as a supervisor in the U.S. To effectively delegate, one must be aware of some management styles and the pitfalls that may exist in relation to the delegation. Supervisors who use the participatory...
- Delegating Effectively. Traut, Terence R. // Effective Executive;Sep2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
Delegation is art and science. Effective leaders know when and how to delegate in order to get more done; and develop people. This article provides tips for effective delegation.
- Untitled. // ManagerZine;Winter2003, Issue 7, pN.PAG
Deals with the effective delegation of responsibilities in a corporate culture. Definition of delegation; Components of effective delegation; Characteristics of effective delegators. INSET: Untitled..
- The Metropolitan Council CHP Experience -- A Search for Balance Between Control and Delegation. Ardell, Donald B. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr1972, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p516
This paper highlights the hazards as well as the benefits of multifunctional regional council leadership in areawide CHP. It also contains a series of recommendations on the dimensions of regional council/CHP advisory group balance between control and delegation of authority, using the Twin...
- How to... polish your leadership skills. Couzins, Martin; Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;11/9/2004, p27
The article presents information on guidelines on developing leadership qualities. Developing leadership skills is an ongoing process. Sadly, this isn't recognized by many organizations which tend to invest more in bringing on new managers than honing the skills of more established ones....