Munis Rally After Weaker-Than-Expected Data
- Munis Unchanged as Buyers Wait for FOMC. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p2
The article provides an overview of the performance of the municipal bond market, as of October 24, 2006. The market has remained unchanged as participants await news from the Federal Open Market Committee on potential changes to the overnight lending rate. The yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of Nonfarm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports on the outcome of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. as of October 6, 2005. Unwillingness of buyers to take on more paper out for the bid; Continuation of the activity of long bonds; Composition of the bonds involved during the trading session.
- Quiet Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32572, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond markets in the U.S. As of February 20, 2007, the municipal market remained unchanged and quiet at the close of trading, as investors awaited economic indicators scheduled for February 21, 2007. According to one trader in San Francisco, the...
- Yield Indexes Mixed Despite Overall Declines in Treasury Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p36
Reports on the Bond Buyer's municipal bond indexes in the U.S. for the period February 26 to May 20, 2004. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; Municipal Bond Index yield to maturity.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p26
Presents the results of competitive municipal bond sales in the United States as of August 5, 2005. Connecticut Regional School District's General Obligation Bond Anticipation Notes; Cedar Rapids, Ohio's General Obligation Bonds, Series 2005A; Johnson County Unified School District's General...
- Municipals Hold Their Own As Treasuries Reach Negative Territory. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32105, p2
Reports on the financial performance of the municipal bond market in New York. Assessment of the relative cheapness of the bonds; Computation of the waste system revenue bonds; Influence of higher energy prices on inflation.
- SOUTHWEST REGION: Full Year. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p28
Presents statistics on bond issues in the Southwest region in the U.S. as of February 10, 2004. Total of private placements and municipal forwards notes and remarketings; Number of issues; Volume.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Munis Unchanged to Firmer in New-Issue Flood. Scarchilli, Michael; Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p2
The article provides updates on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Municipals remain slightly firmer in November 29, 2006, that digest a flood of primary market offers as some of the largest deals hit the market. According to traders, yields on the long end were lower by about one basis point...