S.C. Schools Make Rush To Market
- El Paso School District Issues $57 Million in Negotiated Refunding. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p4
The article reports on the sale of unlimited-tax refunding bonds by the El Paso Independent School District as officials saw they will achieve a mandated savings threshold this holiday-shortened week. The West Texas district sold $57.2 million of refunding issue through a negotiated sale led by...
- Northwest ISD in Texas Plans $107M School Building Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32470, p3
The article reports on the intent of Northwest Independent School District in Texas in offering $107 million worth of unlimited tax school building refunding bonds on September 21, 2006. Proceeds from the issue, the largest Texas school bond issue of the week, will take out the district's Series...
- Two Washington Schools Ready Refundings; Smaller Deals Put on Hold. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p5
Reports on the plan of issuing two school district refunding bonds in Washington. Total amount of bonds to be issued by Edmonds School District Number 15; Uncertainty of the district of the success of the deal; Failure of rating agencies to assign ratings to the bonds.
- Big School Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p27
Reports on a plan by the Douglas County School District No. 1 in Nebraska to issue 93 million dollars of general obligation bonds in the week following February 9, 2005, to refund Series 2001B bonds. Amount that the district expects to save with the transaction; Rating given by Moody's Investors...
- San Diego USD to Sell Every Last Cent of Its '98 Authorization. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p44
Reports on the move of the San Diego Unified School District to issue general obligation bonds in the bond market. Manager of the bond; Expectation for the bonds to carry insurance; Rating of Moody's Investors Service Inc. of the bond.
- Fast-Growing Georgia School District Selling $110 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on the Henry County School District of Georgia's sale of $111 million worth of general obligation bonds. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the sale; Bond rating; Previous bond issues of the district.
- Round Rock, Tex., Schools in No Hurry to Rush to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p38
Reports on the general obligation bond sale plans of the Round Rock, Texas Independent School District scheduled for the last week of January 2001. Possible holding off on the sale in hopes that the market will grow stronger; Ratings.
- As Deteriorating Texas Schools Crowd to Capacity, Voters Approve Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p32
Reports the approval of school districts on to sell bond authorizations for improvements on deteriorating schools in Texas. Implication of the sale for the Richardson, Del Valle and Lake Travis Independent School Districts; Construction of schools and improvement of computer technology; Amount...
- Munis Little Changed With Firm Tone; $507M L.A.USD Deal Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31585, p2
Reports on opening of retail order period for Los Angeles, California-based Unified School District (USD) general obligation bonds. Increase in Treasury bonds and notes; Decline in securities prices; Price of the serial bonds offered by USD; Ratings assigned by various ratings companies.