Lack of Funds May Mean Default for 1981 Kansas City Housing Deal
- Local Ban Plan. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the sale of multimillion bond anticipation notes by the Local Development Authority for the state's loan program for local governments in Tennessee. Financial adviser and bond counsel of the sale; Rating for the bond.
- Three California Issuers, Atlanta Should Have Takers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p6
Reports on the sale of municipal bonds in the U.S. Promotion of auction-rate bonds by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Bond prices; Rating of the state debt.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Despite Rating Risk, Lincoln, Neb., Selling Water Revenue Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p31
Reports on the city of Lincoln, Nebraska's plans to issue $40 million in water revenue bonds despite a threat of a rating downgrade. Ratings of the city's existing water system bonds; Debt repayment plans.
- Week Ends Mostly Flat in Quiet Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the week ending March 6, 2009 in New York. Traders said that municipals finished largely flat and that tax-exempt yields were better by up to a basis point on the long end, weaker by up to a basis point on the shorter end and...
- Portsmouth Looking Stable. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p31
The article reports on Fitch Ratings' decision to assign an AA-minus rating to Portsmouth, Virginia's sale of general obligation refunding bonds and notes. The rating agency has also revised the city's rating outlook to stable from negative and has affirmed its rating on $247 million in...
- S&P Default Study: Success Breeds Success for Municipal Bond Ratings. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32622, p39
The article reports on the result of the study on the municipal bond default published by Standard & Poor's in the U.S. According to the study, the higher a municipal bond's credit rating, the less likely it is to change. The research found that an issue of Massachusetts Port Authority special...
- Opportunity remains in muni bond market. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);6/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 12, pB5
The article discusses the need for investors to carefully choose municipal bonds (munis) in the U.S. It states that stockholders are advised to examine and pay close attention to the quality of munis and funds they are planning to buy particularly their credit ratings to prevent default. It also...
- Commentary: Florida Dirt Bond Sector Is Recovering. Barasch, Jon; Krauss, Edward // Bondbuyer.com;12/23/2014, p22
The article focuses on the recovery of the Florida dirt bonds, real estate-related bonds issued by Community Development Districts, as of December 23, 2014. It makes reference data from Interactive Data Corp. and discusses indicators of recovery from the financial crisis such as default and...