Moody's: Open Road for E-ZPass Type Systems
- India's Costliest Road. Balasubramanyam, K. R. // Business Today;1/25/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p112
The article reports on the tolling collection at six entry and exit points on the 41 kilometer peripheral road in Bangalore, India. It states that the toll collection in the area had ignited instant opposition due to its pricing and quality. It is discussed that many protesters alleged that the...
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Authority Eyes Electronic Tolling for I-80. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p4
The article reports on an electronic tolling plan on Interstate 80 proposed by Pennsylvania Turnpike Authority that would implement nine stations along the roadway. The goal of the authority is to generate additional revenue on the 311-mile stretch while reigning in traffic diversion onto local,...
- A cheese sandwich. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;8/14/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5041, p7
Comments on technological developments in the transportation industry as of August 2003. Fallibility of the proposed motorway toll system in Germany; Benefits of Weigh In Motion Systems to the trucking industry.
- Toll roads top route planning list. // Overdrive;May2012, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on a survey of owner-operators by the University of Arkansas' Mack-Blackwell Rural Transportation Center, which found that ninety-five percent of owner-operators can choose their loads. According to the survey, toll roads is the most important factor in route planning. The...
- Road Toll in the Czech Republic to Bring More Funds for the Development of Transport Infrastructure. Šaradín, Pavel // Czech Business & Trade;2006 Supplement, p10
The article reports on the electronic tool system in Czech Republic. The main objective of the system is to gain more funding for the further development of the transport infrastructure. Another reason is to start harmonizing fees for the use of road transport infrastructure. The toll will be...
- Untitled. // Commercial Motor;5/29/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 5030, p10
Reports on a single, fully interoperable system of road tolling introduced by the European Commission (EC) throughout the European Union countries to ease the plight of hard-pressed hauliers. Factors that influenced the decision of the EC introduced the system; Aim of the action of the EC.
- Richmond prepares to welcome paying drivers. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;9/28/91, Vol. 131 Issue 1788, p26
Focuses on a test that will be conducted in the Richmond borough council, England on an electronic system for charging drivers according to the time they spend at the wheel. London-wide scheme of road pricing; The purpose of the scheme; Benefits to city authorities; How it will work.
- TfL to trial advanced satellite toll system. Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;6/5/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 5031, p14
Reports on the decision of Transport for London (TfL) to test a more advanced road tolling system in London, England. Factor that influenced the decision of TfL; Purpose of the test.
- Three go through the road toll. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/8/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on the bids submitted to Dubai Municipality for the main contract to install an electronic road toll system in the United Arab Emirates as of April 2005. Information on the list of bidders; Significance of the system to the traffic flow in Dubai; Background on the design and build...