Alaska Railroad's Market Premiere to Feature $76M in Debt With Rare Backing
- Amtrak Advocates Press Congress for Greater Funding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p4
Reports on the call of a coalition of business groups from Virginia to Maine for lawmakers to provide Amtrak with additional funds for fiscal 2005 that the railroad claims it needs to return its infrastructure to a state of good repair. Economic impact of the transportation network; Amount of...
- New Plan Seeks Funding for State's Two Class I Railroads. CASIO, JAMES E. // State Journal (WV);12/14/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p15
The article reports on the development of the new State Rail Plan in West Virginia, which requires the cooperation of the two Class I railroads, CSX Transportation Inc. and Norfolk Southern Railway, to be completed and be eligible for the federal rail financial assistance.
- Federal RER funding. // Railway Gazette International;Aug2015, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the announcement by Australian Prime Minister Stephen Harper on June 18, 2015 that federal funding will be made available for Toronto, Ontario's Regional Express Rail (RER) project.
- Alaska Railroad Gets Grants. // Traffic World;6/13/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 24, p27
Reports that the Alaska Railroad Corp. will receive grants from the United States Federal Railroad Administration. Worth of the grants; Purpose of the grants.
- Moody's Lowers Garvees as HTF Evaporates. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34128, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has lowered its ratings on 8.5 billion dollars of state and transit agency's grant anticipation revenue vehicle (GARVEE) bonds. It states that downgrades are mainly due to a lack of political willingness. It further mentions that downgrades did...
- Take the Money--Please. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;10/13/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 41, p32
Reports that the $10,000-per-mile tax credit proposal for railroad tracks has elicited a slow response from shortline shippers. 'Save Our Service' initiative; Support for legislation entitled the Local Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2003; Case for public investment in infrastructure.
- MICHIGAN: City, County Get Bus Grant. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33753, p7
The article presents information on an announcement made by officials from Detroit, Michigan regarding a 30 million U.S. dollars federal grant won by the city to buy and upgrade buses among other capital upgrades.
- Connecticut Gets Federal Rail Corridor Study Grant. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/16/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34378, p1
Connecticut received a $700,000 federal grant to study of transit-oriented development in the Hartford line corridor, which covers New Haven, Hartford and Springfield, Mass.
- Dollar Deficit in Chicago. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;8/15/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 33, p45
Reports that Chicago, Illinois officials are reassessing the scope of the plan to improve the flow of cargo through the country's rail crossroads. Consideration of new ways to fund the Chicago Region Environmental and Transportation Efficiency Program; Amount contributed by the federal...