Utah County Officials Approve Sales Tax Referendum for Transportation Needs
- MECHANISMS FOR EXPORTING THE STATE SALES TAX BURDEN IN THE ABSENCE OF FEDERAL DEDUCTIBILITY. Pollock, Stephen H. // National Tax Journal;Sep91, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p297
This article discusses the two main sources of exporting of the sales tax in the absence of federal deductibility in the U.S. The first is out-of-sate residents purchasing taxable goods and services while visiting Connecticut. These direct purchases are part of the non-business component of the...
- NOTE FROM THE EDITOR. Slemrod, Joel // National Tax Journal;Dec97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p699
Introduces articles and topics discussed in the December 1997 issue of the "National Tax Journal." Discussion of the pressures on state sales tax policy arising from technological change in the communication and information sectors; Focus of the issue's symposium; Inclusion of a Master Index of...
- TransNet Backers Face Uphill Battle. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the intensification of the debate on TransNet (Proposition A), the half-cent sales tax funding transportation projects of San Diego County, California. Functions of Proposition A; Terms and conditions; Solution to transportation problems.
- Cook Co. to Sell $150M Of Tax Notes. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32913, p1
The article reports on the plan of Cook County, Illinois to sell $150 million of tax anticipation notes in 2008. It is noted that proceeds from the note sale will supplement the county's operating cash. The note sale represents Cook County's first large new-money sale since 2004. Government...
- SPLOST Success? DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p31
Reports that voters in Cobb County, Georgia, appear to have narrowly approved a 1 percent special purpose local option sales tax.
- Buda sees highest increase in sales tax receipts. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/21/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the continuation of the sales tax boom in Buda, Texas. Allocation from State Comptroller Carole Strayhorn in June 2006; Total sales tax income for the year; Information on Kyle's receipts for the month of June; Other county tax totals for the month.
- The agent or the principal? Desjardins, Yves Albert; Belanger, Anne-Marie // CA Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p45
Focuses on the complexity of laws such as the Excise Tax Act and the Act Respecting the Quebec Sales Tax and their applications for taxpayers and commodity-tax advisers in Canada. Procedure for the laws; Examples of situations regarding the laws; Rules on the supply of goods and services.
- Buda sales tax beats larger area towns. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/25/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 28, p11
The article focuses on an increase in the sales tax of Buda, Texas in 2006. Other cities in Texas have larger populations than Buda. Nevertheless, Buda's sales tax is larger than the other cities. The grand opening of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the city is one of the factors that contributed to the...
- Support the state's parks, soils and water sales tax. FORDYCE, RICHARD // Missouri Ruralist;Oct2016, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p12
The author shares his views on the parks, soil, and water sales tax in Missouri that was created in 1984 through a constitutional amendment to support efforts to stop soil erosion and provide funding for the state park system.