N. Carolina Bill Would Permit Developers to Build, Lease Schools
- Securing schools work for women, minorities. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;11/1/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
The article reports on the passage of a legislation that would give authority to the New Jersey Schools Development Authority to report twice a year on the number of school construction contracts it awarded to minority and female contractors.
- Dorset seeks single contract. Harding, David // Public Finance;09/19/97, p22
Reports that the Dorset, England local government is seeking a single contractor to fund seven more school construction contracts with private finance initiative (PFI) money. Colfox school building project; Feasibility study into using PFI; Citing of favorable indications in working with the...
- UPDATE. // Education Week;5/9/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p3
The article provides updates on education in the U.S. The Florida Supreme Court decided that so-called lease-purchase agreements for school construction is permissible since they do not meet the constitutional definition of a bond issue. Saint Paul Board of Education is planning to continue with...
- Agreement Will Allow Schools To Be Built on Historic L.A. Site. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;9/14/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that Los Angeles Unified School District has reached an agreement that will allow it to begin immediate construction of schools on the site of the historic Ambassador Hotel. In a deal approved by the school board this month, the district will pay $4.5 million to establish a...
- Momentum Building for Construction Funding. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;04/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p23
Deals with the Better Classrooms Act, the proposed bill for funding of school building construction in the United States. Conditions of public school buildings in the US according to the video produced by the Organizations Concerned About Rural Education; Number of Republican lawmakers who...
- Four to bid for Salford PFI. Atkinson, James // Contract Journal;6/3/2004, Vol. 423 Issue 6478, p9
Reports on the shortlisted bidders of Salford City Council in England for its second grouped schools private finance initiative project. Value of the construction plan; Schools included in the project; Cost of facilities management and maintenance work for the city council in a year.
- New Jersey Seeks $3.2 Billion But Changes Are Planned. Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/25/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p17
The article reports a New Jersey task force looking to propel the state's stalled school building program is recommending $3.2 billion in new funding, but also new steps to expedite work and beef up project management oversight. The task force also recommended process changes to prioritize...
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. // Munday Courier (TX);6/21/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
The article presents information on the acceptance of sealed proposals of vehicles by the Board of Education of Munday at the office of superintendent till July 19, 2012 which will be opened during board meeting
- Supreme Court lets stand decisions on Tenn. District's... Walsh, Mark // Education Week;03/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p30
Looks at the lower-district court rulings as of February 1998, involving education which are declined to be be reviewed by US Supreme Court. Violation of school-board-election system for a Tennessee district; Dispute in Alaska over school construction taxes; Special education case.