Milwaukee County Pegs Its General Fund OPEB Liability at $1.4 Billion
- Looking to Cut Back on Liabilities. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/25/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32637, p1
The article reports on the final vote scheduled by the Sacramento County Board to finalize its $620 million budget package for fiscal 2008. The final vote would primarily deal with the elimination of health care subsidies for all public retiring after May 31, 2007, a move resulted from the...
- The intergenerational consequences of retiree healthcare premiums: What is the evidence? Sneed, Cynthia S.; Sneed, John E. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Summer97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p285
Examines the association between the unfunded other postemployment healthcare benefits (OPEB) and state expenditures in the United States. Estimation of the OPEB liability; Provision of a higher level of services by using the money; Intergenerational payment of the retiree healthcare benefits.
- Honey, I shrunk the kids' benefits-revisiting intergenerational conflict in OECD countries. Krieger, Tim; Ruhose, Jens // Public Choice;Oct2013, Vol. 157 Issue 1/2, p115
Intergenerational conflict may arise when the interests of different age groups do not align. We examine cross-country data to find evidence for this conflict in OECD countries. We derive our results from a FGLS estimation model, which is complemented by a System-GMM estimation to account for...
- House rejects FCC, NTIA 2001 budget increases. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p32
Deals with United States House appropriations subcommittee's reductions on administration-proposed budgets for the US Federal Communications Committee and the US National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- Clean Elections puts off vote on spending rule. // Inside Tucson Business;12/10/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p3
The article reports on the postponement of vote for the proposed modification of the spending rule in Tucson, Arizona until January 27, 2011 as requested by the Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission (ACCEC).
- Revenue dignity is going up in smoke. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10A
Editorial. Criticizes the state government of New Hampshire for its penchant for seeking and asking for funds from sources other than revenues raised through taxes. Effort to influence an Illinois court in ruling about tobacco case against Philip Morris; Alleged Medicare scam.
- Correction. // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2013, Issue 306, p5
A correction to the article "Myths and Realities of Government Spending" published in a previous issue is presented.
- Bibliography. // Federal Scientific Activities;2011/2012, p46
A bibliography on the subject of government spending is presented which includes "Frascati Manual" 6th edition, from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and "Main Science and Technology Indicator" Volume 2011/1 from the OECD.
- How to spend that extra cash. // Crain's Detroit Business;05/24/99, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p8
Editorial. Comments on how Michigan should spend its projected budget surplus and the money it will get from the settlement with tobacco companies. Proposal to use the money for treating the poor and Medicaid patients; Tax cuts for businesses; Scholarships for technical training of college...