First Southwest Contract Under Review
- Texas' Harlandale ISD to Retain First Southwest as FA. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p44
This article presents information on the decision of the Harlandale Independent School District in Texas to retain First Southwest Co. as its financial adviser. The decision was taken by the board of trustees for the school district. However, the chose to replace certain recommended underwriters...
- Texas School District Expands Scope of Improvements to Win Support for Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p6
The article reveals that three years after voters rejected a $32 million bond package for a new high school, the Brownwood, Texas, Independent School District hopes a broader approach is more effective. The district will hold an election Feb. 5 on a $29.4 million bond package to finance...
- CISD Board approves motion for iPads. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/20/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p10
The article discusses meeting of the Board of Trustees of Clarendon Independent School District (ISD) that was held on September 10, 2012 in which the board approved the purchase of computer iPads and iCare for the Technology Lending Program.
- Issuers Flip-Flopped on Non-Dealer Fas. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;4/11/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33893, p1
The article reports that two large issuers of Broward County, Florida including Broward County government and Broward County School District have changed their procurement policies to seek only independent non-dealer financial advisors (FA). It mentions that the financial advisor First Southwest...
- First Southwest Looks to Calm Fears Following El Paso FBI Case. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32707, p7
The article reports on the effort of First Southwest Co. to calm fears about its role in federal corruption investigation after one of the fastest-growing school districts considered firing the financial adviser two months before a record bond election in El Paso County, Texas. After First...
- Tatum ISD August Board Meeting. Proust, Marcel // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);8/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1
The article discusses the August board meeting of the Tatum Independent School District (ISD). An overview of the approved action items of the ISD board of trustees are offered. As an information item the Annual Investment Report is reviewed. Furthermore, the 2005-2006 Campus Improvement Plan...
- BISD trustees told district has largest computer network in Breckenridge. DURHAM, ROB // Breckenridge American;9/20/2008, p1
The article discusses the highlights of the regular meeting of the Breckenridge Independent School District (BISD) Board of Trustees at the BISD Administration building. Dwayne Dove, BISD Technology coordinator informed the trustees that BISD owns the largest computer network in Breckenridge,...
- BCISD has developed school district priorities. McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/25/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 39, p6A
The author discusses the priorities of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District Board of Trustees (BCISD) Board of Trustees which include the increase of student academic achievement, excellence in student performance, and increase student attendance.
- Tatum ISD Board of Trustees to Meet. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);11/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the staging of a regular meeting of the Tatum Independent School District's Board of Trustees at the Tatum Administration Building in Tatum, Texas on November 15, 2007.