MSRB Proposes Real-Time Reporting Changes for Some Trades
- MSRB Muni Consultant Ban Proposed. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p1
Reports on the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board barring broker-dealers from hiring independent municipal securities consultants. Requirement to disclose information about municipal securities consultants of dealers; Invitation for comments on proposal; Deadline for...
- MSRB Must Clarify Rules for Muni Advisors vs. Broker-Dealers. GARUSO, JEANINE RODGERS // Bond Buyer;5/13/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33910, p5
The author reflects on the issues related to the broker-dealer contracts with the municipal bonds issuers. It mentions that the monthly meeting of the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board was based on the legal and regulatory obligations of the contracts. It also informs that the...
- MSRB Notice Shows Which Firms Must Participate in Systems Tests. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34446, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board announced on Tuesday which registered brokers, dealers, and municipal advisors will be required to participate in testing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- MSRB Publishes Further Details on EMMA System Requirements. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/1/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p32
The article reports that Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has published further details on the information it plans to require broker-dealers in Washington D.C. to file its planned Electronic Municipal Market Access System (EMMA), a pilot portal system that will be featuring voluntary...
- Dealer Groups Unsure About Best Ex Rule Proposal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;2/20/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34063, p1
The article offers information on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-18, which requires dealer-brokers to exercise care or attentions for customers seeking transaction in bond markets. The rule also requires dealers to make a reasonable effort to obtain a reasonable and fair...
- MSRB Wants Comment on SMMP Definition, Obligations. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;5/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33905, p3
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is seeking comments on a proposal to establish a new rule for sophisticated municipal market professionals (SMMPs) and a related rule setting the obligations of dealers toward SMMPs.
- MSRB Unveils Trade Data Feedback System for Broker-Dealers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31370, p5
Reports the transaction rules of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to the broker-dealer firms in Washington D.C. Purpose of the trade data; Benefits of the dealers on trade reporting; Importance of the trade report card.
- MSRB Seeks Rule G-32 Change Allowing One OS for Investors With Same Address. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p6
Reports the proposed amendment of the Rule G-32 by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Inclusion of the municipal securities in Rule G-32; Compliance of the mutual fund companies with the rule; Benefits on the municipal funds securities.
- MSRB Reminds Dealers to Disclose Market Discount. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;11/22/2016, p1
The MSRB reminded dealers on Tuesday that they are required to tell investors when a muni has market discount.