Omaha Mayor Offers $486M Budget, With $50M of Bonds for Sewer Study
- Omaha's New Focus. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p29
Focuses on plans of Omaha, Nebraska mayor Mike Fahey to refocus the city's capital priorities towards neighborhood needs. Renovation of libraries; Financial sources for developmental plans.
- Pennsylvania GO Sale Postponed Due to Impasse Over '04 Budget. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p1
Reports on the postponement of the sale of the general obligation bonds of Pennsylvania due to the failure of the state Legislature to finalize a capital budget for fiscal 2004. Inclusions of refunding bonds; Authorization of commonwealth sale; Escalation of education spending.
- Pennsylvania Budget Plan Taps Reserves, Calls for Bonds. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p5
Reports on the budget introduced by Pennsylvania governor Mark Schweiker on February 6, 2002 according to which $550 million will be drawn from the state's rainy-day fund and $280 million will be sold in bonds. Purpose of withdrawing the money from the fund and selling the bonds; Role of the...
- California's Backup Recovery Bond Plan Shrinks to $8.6 Billion. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p4
Reports on the reduction of the backup recovery bond plan in San Francisco, California. Payment of the short-term notes; Issuance of fiscal recovery bond; Need for voter approval.
- District of Columbia's budget approved. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p4
Reports on the approval of the District of Columbia's fiscal 1998 budget by the United States Congress on November 13, 1997. Effect of clearing the way for the district to issue negotiated long-term debt and sell deficit bonds; Objections from Representative Charles Taylor to the bill.
- Poland may shift pension funds' bond holdings to state, paper. // Regional Today;04/04/2013, p4
The article reports on the plan by the Polish government to shift some treasury bonds held by private pension funds to the state budget to reduce state debt in 2013.
- Cook County Budget Plan Would Keep Spending at 2001 Levels. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p6
Reports that Cook County, Illinois board of commissioners president John Stroger planned a $2.7 billion 2002 budget to keep spending at 2001 level. Value of general obligation bonds the county plans to sell in beginning of year 2002; Strategy of Stroger for hiring freeze and working out cash to...
- Oman raises defences. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/7/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 40, p20
The article reports that the government of Oman has issued 1.3-billion dollars of sovereign bonds to contain the effect of its fiscal budget deficit for the entire 2015.
- Fire Fight. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the proposed contract for firefighters by Omaha mayor Mike Fahey. Recruitment of supporters for the budget compromise; Resolution of the union contracts; Strategy of Fahey to balance the fiscal 2004 budget.