Munis Little Changed Ahead of Inflation Data
- Seven-Day Yields Drop One Point; Week's Inflows Reach $1.77 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31394, p35
Reports on the declining average seven-day yield in tax-free money market funds in the U.S. Demand for floating rate debt; Increase in short-term interest rates; Profitability of taxable funds' asset.
- Floating-Rate Notes Stay Popular Despite Low Rates. BARASCH, JON; DISTURCO, JOHN // Bond Buyer;12/10/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33826, p8
The article informs that the municipal floating-rate notes are regaining its strength even after lower rates in the U.S. bond market.
- FLOATING RATE SPREADS VERSUS LIBOR. // Asset Securitization Report;8/15/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p27
Presents graphs depicting the trend in floating rate spreads versus the London Interbank Offered Rate of various types of asset-backed securities.
- Kansas City Readies First Negotiated Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32581, p1
The article reports on the plan of Kansas City, Missouri to sell about $138 million of new-money and refunding general obligation bonds in its negotiated sale. The measure will launch a series of deals aimed at restructuring the city's debt portfolio. The city will follow up with various other...
- HY Tops Floating-Rate Funds As Loans Are Hit With TKO. M. S. // High Yield Report;2/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the increase of floating-rate funds in the U.S. Survey shows that floating-rate funds and junk bond funds have improved in trading places. This could be attributed to the underperforming bond funds due to technicalities in the loan market. The year-to-date cumulative total...
- SOUTH DAKOTA: Regional Health Readies $68M. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/13/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32939, p9
The article reports that South Dakota Regional Health is preparing to enter the market on August 14, 2008 with $67.5 million of variable-rate demand bonds. Most of the issue will be used to refund insured variable-rate debt original sold in 2003. The offer includes about $7 million of new money...
- Puerto Rico GDB to Price Deal Today. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32383, p1
The article reports on the $730 million note issue by the Government Development Bank of Puerto Rico. It is expected that investors will be attracted to the notes due to the current lack of supply and relatively low yields in the municipal market. The notes are general, unsecured senior...
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32383, p11
Several graphs that list the competitive note offerings of issuers including Fulton County, Stoneham, and Perinton as of May 31, 2006 in the U.S. are presented.
- Europe HY Floating-Rate Volume Reaches YTD High. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/21/2014, p11
The article discusses European floating-rate junk bonds that reached their highest year-to-date (YTD) volume in 2014 at 4.9 billion U.S. dollars. Topics include the increasing demand for floating-rate bonds because of how it shields bondholders from rising interest rates, the global trend of...