- IT poster boy's fall from grace. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);4/10/2015, p1
The article informs that B. Ramalinga Raju, a poster boy of the Indian Information Technology (IT) industry who was credited to provide a solution for the highly-feared Y2K crisis at the turn of the 20th century, get involved in the biggest accounting fraud. Topics discussed include information...
- SATYAM FRAUD THROWS INDIA'S IT INDUSTRY INTO DISARRAY. Chaze, Aaron // Global Finance;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
The article offers information on the impact of the accounting fraud at Satyam Computer Services Ltd. on India's information technology (IT) services industry. Satyam's founder, chairman & chief executive Ramalinga Raju confessed to inflating cash holdings to the extent of $1.04 billion by...
- Former Satyam Chief Declared 'Pauper' In U.S. Court. // India -- West;2/12/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 12, pB4
The article reports that Ramalinga Raju, former chairman of Satyam Computer Services Ltd., has been declared as a pauper and is exempted to pay tax by New York District judge Barbara S. Jones.
- Judgment Day. SHARMA, E. KUMAR // India Today;5/10/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p111
The article offers brief profile of B. Ramalinga Raju, Ex-Chairman of Satyam Computer Services, who was sentenced to seven years of rigorous imprisonment in the muti-crore Rupee Satyam fraud case on April 9, 2015.
- Sebi cracks whip on Raju relatives. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);9/11/2015, p14
The article reports that market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has banned the brother, two sons, and several other relatives of entreprenuer B. Ramalinga Raju from the capital market as they had sold shares in Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
- Scandal Unnerves Offshoring Clients. Cone, Edward // CIO Insight;Jan/Feb2009, Issue 101, p15
The article focused on the possible loss of faith on the Information Technology (IT) companies of India, after the fraud confessed by chairman of Satyam Computer Services Ltd., Ramalinga Raju. The scandal of falsified earnings is expected to affect other Indian IT companies like Wipro Corp. and...
- IT services provider Satyam makes big comeback as part of Tech Mahindra. Flinders, Karl // Computer Weekly;1/ 7/2014, p6
The article focuses on Indian information technology services provider Satyam. It states in January of 2009, chairman Byrraju Ramalinga Raju admitted that the company's finances had been misreported for one billion dollars. It mentions Satyam was acquired by Indian network services specialist...
- Inside Ramalinga Raju's mind. // Money Today;2/5/2009, p12
The article discusses the possible reasons that made Ramalinga Raju, chairman of Satyam Computer Services, confess to corporate malfeasance. It expresses doubt that Raju did so for larger good, and suggests that such is part of his plan to save himself from a prison sentence and Satyam from...
- Outsourcing Giant Satyam Founder Granted Bail. Farooq, Omer // India -- West;8/27/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 40, pA44
The article reports on the bail given to B. Ramalinga Raju, the founder of Satyam Computer Services Ltd., in Hyderabad, India. Raju Elango, the High Court Justice, was granted bail because of his hepatitis treatment. Raju was arrested on the charges of stealing millions of dollars from the firm.