Silk Road Strategies
- Kazakhtelecom reveals 1H13 subscriber metrics. // Russian Telecom;Jul2013, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p9
The article reports that the number of fixed lines operated by Kazakhstan-based telecommunications company Kazakhtelecom has reached 4.072 million as of June 30, 2013.
- City slicker. Williams, Perry // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);11/16/2005, p11
The article presents an interview with Andrew Rose, head of corporate finance at French investment bank SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale. He details how he was unable to get the initial public offering of London, England-based Burren Energy PLC due to the equity market. He also explains how he...
- F&C bolsters funds with stake in Burren Energy. Hughes, Frances // Fund Strategy;8/28/2006, p8
The article reports on the financial involvement of F&C company at Burren Energy PLC, an oil exploration and production company in Great Britain. Burren was financed by the capital holdings of F&C's Cairn Energy PLC. According to Luke Newman, manager of F&C's Special Situations fund, the company...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Energy;Jan2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
The article provides an overview of various developments in the energy sector. Italian power company Enel SpA has agreed with French company EDF Energy to take part in the construction and operation of EDF's Flamanville nuclear power plant. British Energy PLC has decided to extend the life span...
- Central Asia Great Games or Graveyard? Kofman, Michael // Diplomatic Courier;Summer2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the investment of China to Central Asia. It says that China served as the most significant player in the energy industry in Central Asian region, such as establishing oil transit pipelines with Kazakhstan. It adds that the balancing act of Central Asia between Russia and...
- Chevron Corporation SWOT Analysis. // ChevronTexaco Corporation SWOT Analysis;9/ 1/2014, p1
A business analysis of energy company Chevron Corp. is provided, focusing on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced by the company. Strengths include a wide geographic presence and a leading market position. Weaknesses include a declining financial performance....
- INTRODUCTION: SYMPOSIUM HONORING THE ADVOCACY, SCHOLARSHIP, AND JURISPRUDENCE OF JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG. FRANKE, KATHERINE // Columbia Journal of Gender & Law;2013 Symposium, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg contributions in legal profession, sex discrimination in law school, and equal protection clause.
- Chevron Corp. Invests in Workforce Education. ELLIOTT, SUZANNE // State Journal (WV);10/24/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p26
No abstract available.
- Part Two: Market Potential: Telecommunications Services. Josselyn, David M.; Andrusevich, Jeff // Doing Business with Kazakhstan;2004, p133
The chapter focuses on the telecommunication industry in Kazakhstan. Kazakhtelecom dominates the telecommunication services market with over 2 million fixed line subscribers. Companies that want to operate in the telecommunications market of Kazakhstan are faced with challenges posed by the...