- PROMISED LAND. kettLeweLL, caroLine // Virginia Living;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p90
The article focuses on the Rutger de Vink (RdV) vineyards located in Delaplane, Virginia, owned by the 43-year old winemaker Rutger de Vink, former marine officer from a Dutch family. It states that the RdV vineyard has produced extraordinarily good wines compare to the best from Napa,...
- wine. Scruton, Roger // New Statesman;5/30/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4742, p56
Argues that peace comes when people plant vineyards and ends when they prospect for oil. Experience of the author as a lecturer at the University College of Pau; History of Pau after oil was discovered; Report that when the oil ran out, the area planted vineyards and has become a wine-producing...
- A Local's Guide to Great Wines. Lerner, Jonathan // Southern Living;Apr2010, Vol. 45 Issue 4, pGLV6
The article presents an overview of the attributes of several Georgia made wines that are offered at the Blue Bicycle restaurant in Dawsonville, Georgia, which is owned by Kati and Guy Owen. A discussion of wines that are offered from several Georgia vineyards, including Wolf Mountain Vineyards...
- Wines with altitude. Whitman, William B. // National Geographic Traveler;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, pEA4
Talks about winemaking in western Colorado. Mild microclimate provided by stony buttes and mesas; Small quantities of wines produced by Grande River Vineyards; Homespun wine names; Brawny Cabernet Sauvignon produced by Colorado Cellars.
- Lake Country Scenic Sip. Botner, Michael // Okanagan Life;May2012, p38
The article explores the Lake Country's Scenic Sip wine route of Kelowna in British Columbia. The route is considered as the wine region which serves as the home of Gray Monk, Arrowleaf, Ex Nihilo. George and Trudy Heiss serve as the first individuals that started a winery in the route in 1982....
- A View From A Vineyard. Vanhooser, Cassandra M. // Southern Living;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p35
The article describes Barboursville Vineyards, located northeast of Charlottesville, Virginia. It ranks among the oldest and most successful wineries in the state. The Palladio restaurant offers Northern Italian cuisine such as chestnut-sage stuffed quail. Guests may stay at the 1804 Inn where...
- Borderland. Ward, Joseph // Conde Nast Traveler;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p148
Focuses on the wineries and vineyards in Alsace, France. Historic value of traditional wineries in the region; Reputation of the area's culture as a combination of German character and French soul; Wine producers recommended by the author from which travelers can purchase quality wines.
- Tasting Panel Report. // Bon Appetit;Feb2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p66
Covers information on wine and spirits as of February 2000. Collectible Miniatures of wines offered by Kelin's Design for Valentine's Day; Description of aquavit, a traditional Scandinavian spirit; List of wineries and vineyards and their wine products.
- New PRODUCTS: Single-vineyard RESERVES. // Beverage Industry;Sep2001, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p28
Presents the single-vineyard designations of the Saint Francis Vineyards & Winery in Santa Rosa, California. Components of the designations; Introduction of 2000 Reserve Chardonnay and 1998 Reserve Merlot; Release of Pagani Vineyard 1999 Zinfandel.