Neusoft Grows Up and Out
- `Hi, this is Keane...er, Microsoft'. Aragon, Lawrence // PC Week;8/21/95, Vol. 12 Issue 33, pA/1
Focuses on the use of third-party support companies in the computer software industry in the United States. Microsoft's support companies for the Windows 95; Efficiency of third-party companies; Cost of support; Growth of outsourcing.
- NOT BITING? Loshin, Pete // Network World;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p68
Presents the results of a survey on the factors that inhibit companies from using services from application service providers. Statistics on companies that use, companies with plans to outsource, and companies that have no plans to use services from ASP; Confusion in the market; Security...
- THE NEW Russian Revolution. Smetannikov, Max // Interactive Week;6/4/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p54
Discusses the increased number of United States-based software development firms which outsource their software development operations in Russia. Factors which led to the growth of offshore software development in Russia; U.S.-based companies which forged outsourcing agreements with...
- IT temp agencies claim to offer employers and staff better deal. Smyth, Robert // Budapest Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p11
Focuses on the outsourcing trend within the Hungarian computer software industry. Factors attributing to the outsourcing trend; Changes in the local labor market that are changing employer attitudes toward outsourcing; Advantages gained by industry players from temporary employment.
- NW poll: ASPs show strength despite doubts. Cox, John; Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;11/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the `Network World' magazine's survey of computer network professionals' opinions regarding application service providers (ASP), the outsourcing sector of the computer industry in the United States. Increase in network professionals' support for ASP; Doubts regarding ASP.
- Web Rush. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;9/13/99, Vol. 259 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the software companies joining the technology developments in the United States. Benefits of outsourcing; Increase of the customization of products; Need for an automation.
- It's not all going away. Coffee, Peter // eWeek;7/21/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p44
This article focuses on the increased trend of outsourcing by U.S. software companies. U.S. IT providers are increasingly finding themselves responding to intense market pressure to cut costs on the supply side and to slash margins on the demand side. These companies are finding that it doesn't...
- Hosting the ASP: Vendors offer new management models. J.M. // PC Week;11/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p24
Reports that application service providers that want to offload their management burdens are the target market of software vendors. Importance of reliable infrastructure; Prospect of electronic commerce projects after the year 2000; Advantages of specialization.
- Today's infrastructure can't support ASP model. Caton, Michael // PC Week;11/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p64
Relates issues in the application service provider (ASP) model that were taken up during the 1999 Comdex. Discouraging picture of the future of outsourced applications; Perceived inability of today's infrastructure to support the ASP model.