- Water use: With age comes wisdom. SORENSEN, LORETTA // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Nov2013, Vol. 151 Issue 11, pIE2
The article reflects on the history related to water usage for irrigation systems and compares it with the present upgraded irrigation systems including switching from diesel to electric motors, change from pumps with pivots to low-pressure rotator nozzles and more efficient pumping systems.
- Give pivot a 10-point preseason checkup. // Dakota Farmer;May2013, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p33
The article presents tips that should be considered in the maintenance of the components of an irrigation system such as sprinklers and pumps including changing the engine oil, replacement of fuel filters and refilling the drip oil reservoir.
- Irrigation. // American Fruit Grower;Jul2005, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p39
Presents a list of irrigation equipment. Pipe couplings; Pumps; Microsprinklers.
- Improving Irrigation Pump Efficiency. Green, Bill // American Vegetable Grower;May2005, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses improving pump efficiency for irrigation. Factors and formula in calculating pump efficiencies; Combinations of flow and pressure in pump operation; Overall pumping plant efficiency of an efficient electric-powered agricultural pumping plant; Recommendations for...
- IA President's Message. Vinchesi, Brian E. // American Fruit Grower;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 124 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the role of irrigation technology in agriculture. Advantages of the visible frequency drive pumping systems; Improvements in irrigation sensor and control technologies; Function of weather stations.
- Making the right choice. VOGT, WILLIE // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Jan2015, Vol. 246 Issue 1, pIE1
The article discusses choosing the right engine for irrigation purposes based on efficient power source availability and cost, farmer Bud Walvoord's choice of switching over to pivot irrigation and propane fuel, and emission standards of the gas.
- Brainstorming saves a lot of effort. Cantley, Marianne // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Aug2009, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p89
The article announces the selection of the Ezzy-K irrigation line mover as the winner of the Fieldays inventions award.
- Toro's water award. // Turf Craft;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 148, p44
The article announces that Toro's Sentinel Irrigation Control System has received the 2012 South Australian Water Industry Alliance Awards.
- Pump Selection for Extending Drip Irrigation Systems. Filkov, Petar I.; Meranzova, Rossitza A. // Ovidius University Annals, Series Civil Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p13
In the past few years in Bulgaria some farmers have extended their arable area and their drip irrigation systems. The same water source and existing pipe network are often used, as the system is developed in stages. In some cases, at the last stage of the extension the irrigated area or the...