- MBK Partners Raises $1.6Bn for its 2nd Asian Fund. // EmergingMarketsNOW;7/17/2009, p3
The article reports that Asian private equity (PE) firm MBK Partners LP has raised USD 1.6 billion for its second Asia-focused fund, matching the size of its first fund, though it had originally targeted USD 2.5-3 million. It informs that the firm could not meet the target due to the current...
- L.A. County Pension Makes New PE Commitment. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;8/14/2013, p7
The article offers information on the Los Angeles County Employees' Retirement Association's Investments Committee and its new fund from MBK Partners, a private equity firm operating in the Asia-Pacific region, MBK Partners III.
- Two Putnam Funds For Leveraged Firms. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;5/19/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 95, p4
The article reports that Putnam Investments had launched two mutual funds to invest in leveraged companies. Named the Putnam Capital Spectrum Fund and the Putnam Equity Spectrum Fund, they were both to be managed by David Glancy, who formerly dealt with leveraged companies at Andover Capital...
- Mutual fund takeover fails. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;6/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the failure of an initiated takeover of G.T. Global Developing Markets Fund by CapMAC Investment Management Incorporated. Reference to the resignations of four members of the fund's management team; Statement by William Guilfoyle, president of G.T. Global Funds; Information on...
- Goldman Raises $5B Private Equity Fund. // American Banker;8/3/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 148, p20
Reports on the raising of $5.25 billion by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for a global private equity fund that will invest in leveraged buyouts and venture capital deals. Amount of money contributed to GS Capital Partners 2000 LP; How much the fund had sought to raise; The enthusiastic response by...
- South Korea: ING Life to be sold to MBK Partners. // Asia Insurance Review;Oct2013, p18
The article reports on the plan of global financial institution ING to sell its wholly owned Korean life insurance business ING Life Korea to private equity firm MBK Partners.
- South Korea: MBK Partners in talks for ING's local unit. // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2013, p26
The article reports on the replacement of insurance company Tong Yang Life by private equity firm MBK Partners LP as the party in exclusive negotiation and is looking to purchase a 90% stake in the South Korean unit of ING Life Insurance Korea Ltd. in 2013.
- Private Equity Faces Uphill Climb. Holman, Kelly // Investment Management Weekly;6/17/2009, p1
The article reports on the findings of a study by Coller Capital regarding a possible decline in the performance of private equity firms in the future. The firm's Global Private Equity Barometer report showed that institutional investors believe that 23% of leveraged buyout firms and 28% of...
- CDOs vulnerable to private equity. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p1
The article focuses in the leveraged buyout survey conducted by the Financial Services Authority in Great Britain. Findings revealed that banks are increasingly issuing debt to non-banks such as collateralized loan obligations managers, collateralized debt obligation managers and hedge funds....