Lawmakers Defeat Host of School Bills
- ETC. // Missoula Independent;1/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on U.S. Representator Clayton Fiscus who requested a draft bill from the 2013 legislative session in December 2013 requiring schools to teach intelligent design.
- ETC. // Missoula Independent;12/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p7
The article offers information on the 2011 Montana Legislature which forces public schools in Montana to teach intelligent design.
- STREET TALK. Harder, Chad // Missoula Independent;12/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p4
The article offers information on the views of several children on teaching of intelligent design in public schools in Montana.
- Designed for Controversy: the Religious Right's New Creationism. Boston, Rob // Humanist;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p35
This article focuses on the controversy over the constitutionality of teaching intelligent design in U.S. schools. The article wonders what the court's ruling would be on the first legal challenge to intelligent design. Some arguments raised against teaching intelligent design in schools are...
- Leaving On a High Note. Arend, Mark // Site Selection;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p612
An excerpt from an interview with Gov. Matt Blunt is presented.
- LONE STAR WARS. Bathija, Sandhya // Church & State;Dec2008, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the dispute between the religious sector and the educational system in Texas. It cites various issues related to the said conflict including the debate on the teaching of evolution in science classes, the advancement of intelligent design, a variant of creationism. It also...
- INTELLIGENT RESPONSE. // U.S. Catholic;Aug2007, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p10
The article provides information on the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which is a spoof on religious fundamentalism complete with gospel and evangelism. The church was founded by Bobby Henderson. According to the article, it is a church and an online community that responds to teaching...
- Oxford academic on a mission to kick God out of school. // Education (14637073);12/1/2006, Issue 249, p2
The article reports on the efforts of atheist Richard Dawkins of the Oxford University to promote the teaching of evolutionary science in British schools. Dawkins has established the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Science and Reason which will subsidize books and DVDs about intelligent design,...
- Accepting EVOLUTION or Discarding SCIENCE. Sharpes, Donald K.; Peramas, Mary M. // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Summer2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p156
This article aims to frame the discussion about the arguments for and against intelligent design to be taught in schools in the U.S. It reviews some episodes in this lingering controversy. The reasons why the advocates of intelligent design are so opposed to evolution are explored. In addition,...