- LOOKING FOR SIGNS. Holzman, Paula // Central Penn Business Journal;4/24/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the economic performances of the U.S. for 2009. It shows that consumer confidence hit all-time low in February, but rebounded in March, while consumer price index has decreased by 0.4% and real gross domestic product has continued to decline. Chief economist Joel Naroff...
- Economy poised for healthy growth. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/19/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 51, p8
The article presents information regarding the general economic growth in the United States. It reflects that the U.S. economy appears to have affected by the hurricane. The disaster has created a havoc on consumer confidence, but both individuals and businesses continue to spend in 2006. The...
- HOLIDAY TIDINGS. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;12/8/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 20, p18
Analyzes the third-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) figures for the United States. Percentage growth rate in third-quarter GDP, indicating that consumer confidence is at a high level; Drop in the level of jobless claims; Results of survey, indicating shoppers will spend less this holiday season.
- Selected NIPA Tables. // Survey of Current Business;Jul2005, Vol. 85 Issue 7, pD-2
Presents several charts on national income and product account estimates for the U.S. for the first quarter of 2005. Change in real gross domestic product; Price deflators for gross domestic product; Price indexes for gross domestic purchases.
- A changing landscape. Schulzinger, Jacob // Wood Digest;Dec2008, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the weaker performance of U.S. economy in 2008 and discusses its impact on the businesses. The Consumer Price Index has decreased in two consecutive months. The gross domestic product in the most recent quarter produced only a 1% increase in constant dollars. The...
- A double-dip this summer? Neusner, Noam; Sherman, Erik; Daly, Michelle // U.S. News & World Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p29
Examines the slow U.S. economic rebound and fears that consumers are pulling back on spending. Falls in retail sales and disappointing corporate profits; Reluctance of businesses to hire or buy more equipment; How uncertainty is affecting the stock market; Fears of investors; Topic of consumer...
- SENTIMENT SNAPSHOT. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/10/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p2
The article examines the economic condition of the U.S. in 2008. The Blue Chip companies are confident that gross domestic product (GDP) will expand in the March quarter. However, investor Warren Buffet emphasizes that the country's economy is already in recession. In addition, investors...
- TOTAL OUTPUT, INCOME, AND SPENDING. // Economic Indicators;Apr2006, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p1
Presents several charts and graphs which list the economic indicators of the U.S. in the first quarter of 2006, including gross domestic product, national income and real personal consumption expenditures.
- 1Q GDP Revised to 0.6%; Core PCE Stays at 2.2%. // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p2
The article reports on the economic indicators in the U.S. for the first quarter of fiscal 2007. The real final sales remain at 1.6 percent, which indicates a slow pace in the country's economy since October to December 2005. The country's personal consumption expenditures(PCE) increase up to...