Alabama Port Agency Picks GO Zone Deal Team
- Two New England Issuers Prepare Refunding Deals. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p34
Reports on plans by bond issuers in Connecticut and Massachusetts to proceed with refunding deals despite some market softening in the aftermath of an increase in non-farm payrolls in October 2004. Components of Connecticut's $350 million special tax obligation bond deal; Use of proceeds from...
- Triple-A Greensboro, N.C., to Sell $63M of Debt Today. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32797, p4
The article reports that the city of Greensboro in North Carolina has been selling $63 million of debt, marking the first deal since 2007 for the city. The report noted that the city, which is Triple-A rated, is selling about $23.5 million of Series 2008 refunding bonds and issuing the rest as...
- Refunding Barrage Boosts Volume. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/2/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33740, p1
The article focuses on the impact of refunding debts in improving the long-term municipal bond issuance in the U.S. It offers information on the contribution of general purpose, health care and utilities to issuance sectors. It offers information on the fall in education sector in 2011. It...
- Ohio Preps $401M Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p1
Reports that the Ohio treasurer's office is planning to bring approximately 401 million dollars of bonds to market starting August 26, 2004, with several refundings that seek to take advantage of low interest rates and balance out higher interest rates the state locked in with State and Local...
- Muni Prices Weaken as Traders See Calif., Ohio Deals Sell. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/20/2015, p14
The article reports on the weaker prices of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of October 20, 2015 which include various purpose general obligation and refunding bonds, Series C bonds, and Series D bonds.
- New York's Monroe County to Sell $63M of Insured GO Refunding Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p6
Reports on the plan to sell general obligation refunding bonds by Monroe County, New York. Ratings of the bonds from rating agencies; Use of the bond proceeds to refund a series of outstanding debt; Significance of the refunding to smooth a debt service spike that the county is facing.
- Chicago's $500M GO Deal Kicks off $4.1B Borrowing Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/8/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F349, p1
Chicago will offer its long planned $500 million general obligation refunding next week with plans for another $3.6 billion of new money, refunding, and restructuring GO and revenue-backed borrowing in its 2016 pipeline.
- Cooke County, Texas, Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term and underlying ratings to AA-plus from AA on Cooke County, Texas' general obligation debt outstanding.
- Puerto Rico, Michigan Deals Lead Relatively light Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p7
The article reports that the U.S. municipal bond market in the week of July 31 to August 6, 2006 will spotlight general obligation bonds from Puerto Rico and revenue notes from the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority. The Puerto Rico public works deal will comprise new-money and refunding bonds....