THIS JUST IN
- Chapter 15: TELEVISION BROADCAST NETWORKS. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2005, Issue 7, p170
Chapter 15 of "The 2005 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. This chapter explores the trends in operations of television broadcast networks in the U.S. It provides the revenues of the major television networks such as ABC, Fox, and NBC. In addition, this...
- Analysts: Media Earnings to Remain Challenged. Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;4/20/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the result of the quarterly earnings of the National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) in the U.S. NBC has revealed 45 percent profit decrease as of the first quarter of 2009. The company mentioned that the local broadcast market has not improved despite of the double digit...
- BILLION-DOLLAR AD BOUNCE. Forkan, Jim; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p1
Cable appears poised to add around $1 billion to its upfront take from last year in the U.S. largely part due to clients who have shifted dollars from the scatter market and steered money away from other media. Industry players said that would represent a hike of more than 20% from the $4.6...
- Top 25 cable networks soar beyond $6 billion. // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, ps28
This section presents the individual revenues of the top 25 U.S. cable networks from January to November 1998 which totaled to $6.09 billion, up from the comparative 11-month period in 1997.
- Chapter 17: CABLE NETWORKS. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2005, Issue 7, p177
Chapter 17 of "The 2005 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. This chapter discusses the trends in operations of cable television networks in the U.S. It presents the revenues of the cable networks in 2003, including QVC, ESPN, and HBO. A forecast for their...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...