ESPN Inks MLS's First Rights-Fee Deal
- Matching ratings to ad $$, ESPN comes out tops. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, ps2
This article reports that ESPN cable television network has derived more pure value per advertising impression delivered than any other U.S. programmer on television. It is difficult to isolate all the subjective factors that influence the price marketers pay to advertise on television, but the...
- ESPN Made Plays in October. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
Reports that ESPN cable television network has topped the October 2003 primetime ratings in the U.S. Rating gained by cable and broadcast television; Rate of increase in rating gained by ESPN; Impact on the dispute of ESPN with Cox Communications Inc. over license fee increases.
- ESPN Inquiry Could Resonate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the possibility that the U.S. Justice Department's reported inquiry into the use and distribution of college-sports TV programming by ESPN could eventually open the door to more product becoming available to various cable networks. Consideration by ESPN on whether to create a new...
- ESPN-ABC Sports' Parade Float Too Well Defined? Gilbert, Tom // Television Week;1/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2
The article describes the parade floats to be showcased by ESPN Inc. and ABC Sports Inc. in the 117th Tournament of Roses Parade to be held in California on January 2, 2006. The parade floats will carry the theme The Magic of Sports in High Definition. It will feature two inflatable football...
- BRIEFS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p24
Presents news briefs on television and cable broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Decision of WNIT to add the Sundance Digital FastBreak automation system; Background on a new means of checking the quality of outgoing video and audio of content providers; Description of cameras to be...
- Are you ready for some wiffle ball? Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 16, p2
Comments on the willingness of television networks worldwide to invest heavily into sports programming, even though faced with fragmentation and tumbling ratings. Entry of three new sports networks in the U.S.; Amount invested in the 2002 and 2006 World Cups; Product placements in sports...
- CBS Net Puts Alt Games on VOD. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. television broadcaster Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) College Sports Network in providing an alternative, on-demand sports action to 15 video providers for free.
- ESPN Sees Gold in Digital. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p32
Focuses on expansion plans of a sports television network Entertainment & Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in the U.S. Services likely to be expanded under the plan; Expected launch of a high definition channel ESPN HD; Programs to be featured on ESPN HD.
- I want my Y-TV. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;7/9/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 28, p7
Presents schedule of television programs aired over 24-hour regional sports channel in the United States.