Nielsen to Address Cable's Concerns Over Ad Tracking
- CAB: Basic Cable Was a Lion in March. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p26
The article offers information on the report "A Month in the Life of Cable Nation," by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau regarding the examination on the ad-supported cable on March 2011 which states that cable collects 80% rating points for sports, 73% with dramas, and 89% for comedy.
- Buy the Minute. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/7/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 19, pSR12
The article focuses on the cable television market. The article reports that media buyers want better ratings data and minute-by-minute statistics. The problems with interpreting this data is discussed. Sean Cunningham of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau lends his comments. The importance...
- FINDING FLAWS: CABLE'S LAUNDRY LIST. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p8
The article reports on the advise of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau to its members not to participate in the commercial-rating plan of Nielsen Media Research Inc. in the U.S. Executives Jack Wakshlag and Colleen Fahey-Rush have expressed that the Monitor-Plus software of Nielsen can...
- CAB says cable ad sales up. // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p27
Cites Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) report on the growth in advertising sales of basic cable networks for the first three quarters of 1998.
- CAB: Cable Upfront Hit Record $9.3B. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;8/1/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 30, p4
The article offers information on a new tabulation by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) indicating that cable upfront advertising dollars hit a record of 9.3 billion dollars this year 2011 in the U.S.
- Australia ends ban on cable TV spots. Burbury, Rochelle // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI22
Anticipates Australia's lifting a ban on cable television advertising on July 1, 1997. Cable operators' jockeying for position for first chance at advertising revenues; Results of studies prediction advertising revenue from cable television; Multichannel clients' interest in channels like CNN,...
- Cable ads hit narrow target. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the growing advertising segment of cable television companies in Tucson, Arizona. Advantages offered by cable television over radio and television; Price range of a 30-second television commercial spot.
- TvB eyes cable cannibas. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;01/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has pointed out that only three of the ten highest-rated basic cable networks in prime time registered ratings increases in its 1996 fourth-quarter ratings analysis. Impact on top networks; Results of the Nielsen Media Research top cable network...
- Basic viewers on the rise. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p90
Cites the increase in cable television viewers in the United States during the first full week of April 1999, according to the Cable Advertising Bureau. Prime-time household delivery of advertising-supported cable; Aggregate prime-time audience of the Big Four television networks.