Fox: It's NCTC's Fault
- Cable One Opts for ESPN Deal. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the expected agreement of Cable One Inc. on the long-term deal arranged by the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) with sports network ESPN as of March 15, 2004. Terms of the deal between the NCTC and ESPN; Statement from Jerry McKenna, strategic marketing vice president of...
- NCTC Seeks Arbitration. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC) filed for mandatory arbitration to determine how much independent cable operators will have to pay to carry seven Fox Sports Net (FSN) networks in the U.S. NCTC sought arbitration in behalf of its members and produced a...
- Co-Op Checks OLN Carriage. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p16
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Information on a lawsuit filed by National Cable Television Cooperative against cable network OLN at a Kansas District State Court for violation of a multiyear deal; Renewal of the television rights package of...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p1
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. television broadcasting industry. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC), together with Senator Sam Brownback, will form a joint task force which will examine the impact of media and advertising on children's health. The National Cable Television...
- The Puck Stops Here. // CableFAX Daily;11/9/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 218, p1
The article reports on a breach of contract lawsuit filed by National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) against Outdoor Life Network (OLN) in the U.S. in 2005. OLN refused to provide its National Hockey League programming to multi-service operators that do not participate in its OLN Plus...
- Letter to the Editor. Ozguc, Janice // CED;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p30
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) Inc. conference by Craig Kuhl.
- National Geographic lands Fox subs in TV co-op deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the cable television subscriber deal between United States-based cable network National Geographic Channel and the National Cable TV Co-op as of December 21, 2000. Terms of the subscriber agreement.
- FOX CABLE REVS UP. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the Fox Cable Networks Group's preparation to acquire the remaining interest in Speedvision/Outdoor Life Network. Success of Fox's broadcasting of National Association for Stock Car Racing (NASCAR) events; Fox's rumored negotiations with stakeholders in the Speedvision/Outdoor Life...
- NCTC taps four new nets. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p70
Reports on National Cable Television Cooperative's hiring of services BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, Game Show Network, The Outdoor Channel and Ovation. Terms of the agreement; Networks' expansion activity.