Adelphia Execs Cash In
- 'Not An Easy Task.' Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p38
Discusses issues related to Adelphia Communications Corp. Impact of the company's pending bankruptcy on the cable industry; Effort of chief executive officer Bill Schleyer to recover from bankruptcy; Cooperation between Schleyer and chief operating officer Ron Cooper to save the company.
- Adelphia Auction Can Begin. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the decision of the management of Adelphia Communications Corp. sell the company. Arrangers for the deal; Comment from Adelphia CEO William Schleyer; Number of cable subscribers of Adelphia; Estimated value of the company; Expected buyers.
- Adelphia, Bondholders Reach an Agreement. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p34
The article reports on the agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. with at least some of its dissident bondholders in the U.S. The agreement has brought the cable company a step closer to ending its four-year bankruptcy saga. Adelphia has decided to sell its assets for $16.9 billion to Time...
- Adelphia CEO updates investors on sale. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/10/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the update given by Adelphia Communications Corp. CEO William Schleyer to the investors about the uncertain fate and potential sale of the cable operator in the U.S. Option of the company to emerge intact from Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings; Firms interested to buy the business;...
- Adelphia's seeking fed settlement. // Daily Variety;3/28/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 63, p9
This article reports that Adelphia Communications Corp., the fifth-largest U.S. cable television operator, has offered to pay $725 million to settle federal fraud investigations to clear an obstacle to the company's efforts to exit bankruptcy. Settlement, if approved, would be the second largest...
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.
- Hooked Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p68
Presents news briefs from the cable television industry in the United States in 1998. Agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. to acquire systems from Verto Communications Inc.; Cash tender offers of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Information on the affiliation deals signed by ISP Channel...
- Cable stocks plummet. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p12
Reports the decrease of the cable stocks on the Adelphia Communications Corp. Management scheme on programming packages; Company operation on cable operators; Indication of plain-old pay channels.