Discovery CEO Is Leaving
- Eyre's move to Pearson is good for UK commercial TV--and him. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p18
Comments on ITV cable television network chief executive officer Richard Eyre's resignation. Decision by Eyre to move to Pearson Television; Implications of Eyre's resignation on commercial television in Great Britain.
- ITV's Allen will step down next month. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;8/9/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the resignation of Charles Allen as chief executive of ITV network in London, England. Allen is credited with creating a single ITV company out of the old patchwork of regional stations, but, he is criticized for failing to deliver a coherent creative vision to withstand...
- CNNfn prexy Coffey resigns. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;01/18/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the resignation of Shelby Coffey II as chief executive officer of CNNfn cable television network. Reasons for the resignation.
- CNN's Johnson Steps Down. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p30
Cable News Network (CNN) chairman and CEO Tom Johnson announced his retirement Thursday, telling staffers in a memo that he wanted to spend more time with his family in California. CNN, which didn't name a successor, will be run by CNN News Group chief news executive Eason Jordan and network...
- Eyre calls for outsider to fill chief's role at ITV. Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p1
Reports on ITV cable television network outgoing chief executive officer Richard Eyre's view that an outsider should be recruited to replace him. Reason for Eyre's resignation; Negotiation with ITV bosses on Eyre's resignation date.
- Eyre leaves tough targets for his ITV replacement to hit. Digham, Conor // Marketing (00253650);11/4/1999, p21
Comments on the impact of ITV cable television network chief executive officer Richard Eyre's resignation. Decision to become head of Pearson TV; Achievements that changed the tone of the network's relationship with advertisers.
- CBS' Eye on People, rainbow realign ad sales strategies. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Cites the realignment of advertising sales operations at several cable networks in the United States. Discovery Networks' agreement to take over ad sales for CBS' Eye on People network; Assignment of separate sales teams at Bravo and MuchMusic.
- EXODUS ON AS TMC SWITCHES GEARS. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;9/20/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 14, p7
Reports the resignation of TeleMonteCarlo (TMC) network employees in Milan, Italy. Announcement of the resignation of web director Robert Giovalli and head of news Gad Lerner; Renaming of the web to La7; Relaunch of the network as a youth-skewed channel.
- Ready for digital cable TV? Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/16/96, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p8
Reports on major multiple system cable operators' preparation to roll out the first digital set-top cable boxes to subscribers in October 1996. Launching of digital-only cable services by Discovery Communications, Arts & Entertainment and ESPN; Digital 24-hour Discovery services.