Indies' Consolidated Clout
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Gibbons, Kent; Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p75
The article reports on the return of The Cable Show to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. It discusses the announcement that the 2008 Cable Show will feature numerous and as-yet-unspecified tributes and recovery aid for New Orleans. However, some people quietly...
- Switched Digital Surges at SCTE Expo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p40
Highlights the Cable Tec-Expo held by the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in July 2006 in Denver, Colorado. Topics discussed at the event; Implications of the event for cable broadcasting; Technological developments featured at the expo.
- Three Programmers Shed Western Booths. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p8
Reports the non-participation of several television networks in the Western Show, a cable trade show in the United States. Reasons for the non-participation; Complaint on the frequency of trade shows; Interest to participate in trade shows outside the wired-cable industry.
- The Nation's Leading Ad Category Comes Together in San Diego. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the May 2008 issue of the journal "Response," including one about the Response Expo that will be held from May 6-8, 2008 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California and another on the growing demand for general cable television in...
- A Reader's Guide to the Cable Show. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p91
The article offers information on the Cable Show to be held in Chicago, Illinois which will feature new technologies within the cable television sector.
- Nobody Asked Me, But... Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p64
Presents the highlights of the 2005 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Description of the video montage done by Wieden & Kennedy for ESPN; Layout of the demonstration area; Overview of the topics discussed at the summit.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p41
Presents an update on personnel changes and events in cable television in the U.S. from October 2005 to February 2006. Promotion of Mark Apter at A&E Network; Consumer Electronics Association 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada; Society of Cable Television...
- THE CTAM/SCTE MASHUP. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p32
The article presents information on the October 2010 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit and the October 2010 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Cable Tec-Expo.
- SCTE Is Expecting 10,000 in Texas. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p33
Provides information on the Society of Cable Television Engineers Cable-Tec Expo on June 14-17, 2005 at the Henry R. Gonzalez Convention Center in Texas. Number of vendors who will attend the event; Categories of the agenda of the expo; Members of the roundtable discussion of the convention.