- Heroes of Conservation. Tiberio, Tom // Field & Stream;May2010, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p33
The article features the advocates of nature conservation in the U.S. including Ken Nedimyer, Kent Boughton, and Nancy Craft.
- Heroes of Conservation. Tiberio, Tom // Field & Stream;Jun2010, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p33
The article offers information on the contribution of several conservationists in preserving natural resources including Les Monostory, Robert Schmellng, and Jim Koharski.
- Word to Know. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/25/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p2
A definition of the term conservationist, which refers to an individual who protects wildlife, forests and natural resources, is presented.
- Politics of embarrassment. P.S.; G.S. // Earth Island Journal;Summer98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on land conservation conflicts in San Jose, Guatemala between the community organization Bio Itza and the mayor there. What attributed to conflict; Threats made by the mayor; How the organization responded; How these two groups reached a compromise.
- Design and Analysis of Conservation Projects in Latin America: an Integrative Approach to Training. Galindo-Leal, Carlos // Conservation Ecology (11955449);2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, Special section p1
The article discusses an integrated approach to field courses that attempts to address the problems and deficiencies that Latin American environmental professionals face in their training. The main objectives of the course "Design and Analyses of Projects to Manage Biological Diversity" include...
- Well-Know Conservationist To Speak. Stachiw, Joan // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/12/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on conservationist J. David Bamberger from the Bamberger Natural Ranch Preserve, who will discuss the topic entitled Habitat Restoration and the Quality of Life.
- A JEWEL IS SAVED. // Alaska's Accessible Wilderness;1996, p62
This chapter deals with the efforts by environmental activists led by Sharon Cissna in protecting the wilderness of Anchorage, Alaska from recreational groups which led to the creation of the Chugach State Park. The activists protected the state park from the decision of the state to open the...
- Keeping Islandia isolated. Boyle, Robert H. // Sports Illustrated;10/17/1966, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p80
The article reports on the effort of conservationists to stop the development of Islandia, one of 33 islands located in the upper keys of Florida. In addition, businessman Herbert Hoover Jr. is leading the conservation campaign with a proposal to declare Islandia as a national monument. The...
- NPCA Honors Congressmen For Manassas Efforts. // National Parks;Nov/Dec88, Vol. 62 Issue 11/12, p8
Reports on the United States congressmen who will receive the 1988 National Parks Conservation Association's Conservationists of the Year Awards. Basis for the selection of the awardees; Contributions of the awardees to the preservation of national parks and other natural resources in the country.