RANGERS TO THE RESCUE
- FLAT ICE. Liebelt, Chris // New York State Conservationist;Dec2001, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the flat ice rescue technique and Incident Command System of the New York State Forest Rangers. Flat ice rescue plan of a forest ranger; Examples of a rescue scene; Benefit of using a waterproof neoprene suit.
- Rangers rescue injured hiker. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 190, p7
The article reports on the rescue of head-injured hiker Mary Stonor-Saunders in the Dix Mountain Wilderness by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) forest rangers.
- Untitled. Seggos, Basil // New York State Conservationist;Feb2016, Vol. 70 Issue 4, preceding p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including rescue work of New York's Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) and Forest Rangers, ECO Walter J. Maloney's search of escaped prisoners, and role of Rangers in a snowmobile accident.
- RANGERS TO THE RESCUE. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p23
The article presents stories about the efforts of New York Department of Environmental Conservation Forest Rangers to save the environment. Anne Farrand and other officials ordered some high school students to clean up the remnants of their fireworks, which caused a wildfire on Erwin State...
- On Patrol. Caifa, Tom; Solan, John // New York State Conservationist;Feb2012, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p16
The article relates stories from New York Department of Environmental Conservation officers and forest rangers as they performed their duties during the 2011 onslaught of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. One tells of how Keene resident Marcy Neville and her family were rescued from the...
- On Patrol. Bobseine, Liza; Scherry, Stephen // New York State Conservationist;Feb2016, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p16
The article presents experience of several Forest Rangers and Environment Conservation Officers (ECOs) of New York on their various rescue operations in the state. ECO Matt Baker rescued an injured bald eagle along Livingston Manor, New York and got it treated at the Delaware Valley Raptor...
- Ranger's pledge. // Ranger Rick;Jan95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p13
Presents a pledge for rangers.
- Urban forest stewards. // American Forests;Autumn95, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p70
Presents a list of forest rangers or stewards in the United States. Contact information.
- Dear Ranger Rick. // Ranger Rick;Jan2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p4
Presents some suggestions regarding the questions asked by forest rangers on how they could get their mom and dad.