Sun sets on solvents demand
- October acetone prices pick up. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2072, p16
Looks at the market prices for chemical solvents in Europe in October 2003, with emphasis on acetone. Isopropanol; Ethyl acetate; Methylene chloride.
- Solvents plummet from lofty levels. Agarwal, Anu; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;6/20/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 494, p19
Provides a review of the Asian solvents markets as of May 2005. Factors which caused the decline in regional prices for acetone; Comparison of methyl butyl ketone prices in November 2004 and May 2005; Price of isopropyl alcohol in May 2005; Performance of methyl isobutyl ketone until May 2005.
- Solvents prices head upwards. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/18/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2120, p16
Presents information on the prices of several solvents in Europe as of October 18, 2004. Acetone; Isopropyl alcohol; Methyl ethyl ketone; Ethyl acetate; Butyl acetate.
- End in sight for solvents slide. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p42
The article focuses on the market performance of chemical solvents in Europe as of January 30, 2006. The factors that influenced acetone prices are analyzed. The price performance of isopropanol is stated. The price contracts for perchloroethylene are presented. The market demands for methyl...
- US March solvents contracts weaken. TERRY, LARRY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 13, p17
The article reports on the drop in solvents contracts in the U.S. in March 2013, with mixed housing market indicators and a decline in feedstocks. It mentions the downward trend in prices of propylene and truck acetone in the U.S. It states that isopropyl alcohol (IPA) decline brought contract...
- Solvents struggle to remain steady. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/25/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2144, p16
Reports on the prices of several solvents in the first quarter of 2005. Acetone; Ethyl acetate; Methylene chloride; Perchloroethylene.
- Isopropanol. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/1/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information on the use, demand and supply of isopropanol (IPA) in the U.S. It informs that IPA is useful in solvents, personal care products and in the extraction and purification of natural products. It mentions that the contract prices for IPA were increased by three percent...
- Solvents markets under pressure. // European Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2061, p16
Provides information on the condition of various chemicals in the solvents market in Europe as of July 2003. Acetone; Isopropanol; MEK; Ethyl acetate; Butyl acetate.
- MIBK. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/26/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p34
The article focuses on methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) primarily used in solvent applications for surface coatings and as an anti-ozonant in tyres. Topics covered include U.S. MIBK market described as balanced during the spring and summer months, MIBK prices which remained flat for most of 2013...