Olefins tighten as outages take toll
- Sentiment softens on weak demand. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 515, p26
The article presents an update on chemical prices. Costs of naphtha has declined in Asia in January 2005. Among the factors that contributed to the decline in butadiene prices include excess supply and weak demand. Prices of ethylene in the United States were at 60 cents per pound.
- SPOT BULK CHEMICAL PRICES, $/TONNE. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p40
The article presents a summary of spot bulk prices of chemicals in the market, in dollars per ton, as of February 6, 2006. Chemicals included in the summary are naphtha, ethylene and butadiene.
- PE drags down C2. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/6/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 471, p26
Presents an update on prices of bulk chemicals in Asia as of December 2004. Influence of weak polyethylene markets on ethylene prices; Factors that contributed to the strong price of naphtha; Information on the price gap in buying and selling butadiene.
- Paraxylene sees peak then slide. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2126, p14
Presents information on prices of several chemicals as of November 29, 2004. Factors influencing the prices of naphtha; Cause of the price increase of ethylene; Price of butadiene per ton.
- Ethylene looking up. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 436, p26
Presents information on the market prices of chemicals in Asia as of March 8, 2004, with emphasis on ethylene. Naphtha; Propylene; Butadiene.
- Butadiene takes off. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 438, p30
Presents an update on the prices of various chemical products in Asia as of March 28, 2004. Butadiene; Naphtha; Ethylene; Methanol.
- Naphtha up by $8. // Asian Chemical News;7/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 407, p26
Presents updates on the global prices of several chemicals as of July 7, 2003. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene; Methanol.
- Global prices continue downtrend. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p32
The article reports that global prices of chemicals continues to experience a downward trend. Asian naphtha falls to 13-month low while European cargoes also experienced a decline. Spot ethylene remains steady between $1,180 to $1,270 per ton. Other chemicals mentioned in the article include...
- Business slow in illiquid markets. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2159, p30
Presents information on the prices of several chemicals in Europe as of August 8, 2005. Naphtha; Ethylene; Butadiene; Toluene. INSET: PROPYLENE DEMAND HEALTHY AS NUMBERS FIRM.