Community Patent is still a dream for Europe
- Pushing Patents. Babyak, Richard // Appliance Design;Jun2005, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p5
Comments on issues concerning the patenting of commercial products. Flaw in the patenting system in Australia; Disadvantage of incomplete electronic databases to the task of patent examiners; Criticisms against the U.S. patent office.
- Beware of the troll. Macdonald, Morag // Lawyer;9/26/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p26
Explains why Europe needs to be prepared with patent troll, a phenomenon in which a company licenses out the patents and enforces them against those who refuse to take a license. Prevalence of the phenomenon in the United States; Reasons why Europe is less attractive to the business model of...
- OUTSOURCING BAYH-DOLE TO INDIA: LOST IN TRANSPLANTATION? BASHEER, SHAMNAD; GUHA, SHOUVIK // Columbia Journal of Asian Law;Spring2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p269
The article examines the U.S. Bayh-Dole Act of 1980 and offers recommendations on how its proposed Indian adaptation, the Protection and Utilisation of Public Funded Intellectual Property Bill, referred to as the Indian Bayh-Dole Bill, or simply the Bill, can be more palatable to Indian...
- Patent News. Samples, Bob // Rubber World;Aug2005, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p12
Presents lists of innovative products that has been granted U.S. patents. Patent number; Date of the issuance of the patent; Inventors.
- Railway Praxinoscope. Scott, B. A. // BKSTS Journal;Dec1983, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p690
The article focuses on a patent for a railway praxinoscpe given to P. Hochberg in Germany. The patent is for the updated version of the Victorian scientific toy sometimes called Zoetrope. It produces an apparent moving image through persistence of vision when a series of drawings show different...
- Getting New Technologies to Market. Brown, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses tips on how an entrepreneur can start a company based on a patentable technology in the United States. The technology can give the firm a sustainable long-term advantage. Patent literature is available at www.uspto.gov. The idea should be protected by filing a patent...
- Patent thickets: a paper for the European Patent Office Economic and Scientific Advisory Board meeting. Jacob, Robin // Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p203
The Rt Hon Sir Robin Jacob is the Hugh Laddie Professor of Intellectual Property Law at University College London and Director of IBIL (the Institute of Brand and Innovation Law). He is a former Queen's Counsel, Judge of the High Court and of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales. He is also...
- Problems with patent examination in the developing world. Garrison, Christopher // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Oct2004, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p789
Focuses on concerns associated with contemporary R&D models and the patterns of patenting activity in developed countries. Need for patent examination and granting procedures; Steps in developing patent examination; Factors to consider for patent application.
- Other Developments in the Fight Against Patent Trolls. // Research Technology Management;May/Jun2014, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p3
The article presents 2014 news on efforts to fight against patent trolls. U.S. President Barack Obama in a January 28, 2014 State of the Union address called for a patent reform bill that allows U.S. businesses to focus on innovation and not litigation. On February 26, 2014 Oregon became the...