LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION
- Nukote and Fosroc ink agreement. Rao, Anuradha // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that specialty chemicals producers Nukote Coating Systems International and Fosroc Group Holdings have signed a global distribution agreement in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. According to Michael Osborne, president and CEO of Nukote, the benefits of the agreement to both...
- So much to say, so little space. Horowitz, Barry // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/25/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p29
The author outlines several topics of discussion related to business logistics in the U.S. They include the sudden shifts in the trans-Pacific import and export markets between the first and second halves of 2007, the struggle of ocean carriers to secure rate increases from shippers to pay for...
- Constraint of trade. Trunick, Perry A. // Logistics Today;Sep2004, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on capacity constraint challenges facing shippers in the U.S. Effects of peak shipping season; Factors that motor carriers deal with; State of the trailer manufacturing industry. INSET: God time to be in the container business.
- European DCs On The Move. Lenders, Roy // World Trade;Nov2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p22
The article emphasizes the need for shipping companies to reassess their European supply chain strategies. Supply chain directors will have to adapt their pan-European supply chains to enable this projected growth. As a means of serving both these ends, new distribution structures have to be set...
- $EA-21. Tirschwell, Peter // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/5/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p6
Explains the need for federal involvement in the U.S. business logistics in 2004. Projected increase of international container volumes moving through seaports by 2014; Assessment of a maritime policy being considered by the government; Issues raised by shippers.
- CANADA, US AND MEXICO BROADEN SHORTSEA COOPERATION. Ryan, Leo // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Jun2006, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the shortsea shipping cooperation agreed upon by the U.S., Mexico and Canada during the North American Shortsea Shipping conference held in Vancouver, Canada on April 2006. A committee formed for the purpose will draw plans to improve supply chain efficiencies, promote...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2050, p17
Presents an update of issues related to logistics and distribution in the chemical industry of Europe as of April 28, 2003. Agreement between Unichem and Shipley Co.; Expansion of the distribution agreement between Ashland Distribution and Multibase; Award given to Badische Anilin und...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2045, p16
Presents news briefs related to logistics and distribution strategy employed by chemical companies in Europe as of March 24, 2003. Study on modal choice selection; Stock acquisition of Nippon Goshei in British Traders; Network alliance between ChemConnect and ForestExpress.
- What Drives Supply Chain Innovation? Schof, Matthew // World Trade;Dec2006, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p70
The article reports on what is going on in the global supply chain network. Technological developments in the shipping industry on the U.S. West Coast offer a glimpse at the recent evolution of the supply chain. One technology, active radio frequency identification (RFID), is rapidly being...