HIGH PRICES IN PETCHEM'S LOW SEASON
- When will the good times end? Powell, Andrew // ICIS Chemical Business;1/7/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 1, p26
The article reports that the global petrochemical industry has been successful in passing on major feedstock cost increases to downstream consumers, returning strong financial results. However, as crude oil prices threaten to pass the psychological $100/bbl mark, there are growing fears that the...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;9/6/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 30, p37
The article discusses the European spot prices as of September 2006. European spot prices were volatile, moving by as much as 20%-30%. Feedstocks pricing continues to decline slowly with crude oil prices, but spot ethylene shot up by $130 per metric ton. European benzene and xylenes prices...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p35
The article comments on the prices of various chemicals around the world as of January 4, 2006. Crude oil and feedstock prices rose, pulling up aromatics prices in the U.S. European aromatics prices showed strength in spot trading. Prices for polymer in the U.S. gave way to seasonally slower...
- Rising Demand Increase of Benzene in 2005. // China Chemical Reporter;2/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5/6, p23
Reports on the increase in the demand of benzene in China. List of downstream products of benzene; Relationship between the price of oil and benzene; Views of experts on the domestic price of benzene.
- Cefic Forecasts Higher Production and Prices, but Oil Prices Hurt Downstream Subsectors. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;3/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p21
The article highlights the report Chemical Trends published by Cefic in March 2006. Sales of chemicals increased in 2005. The sensitivity of chemical sub-sectors to crude oil prices is asymmetric. Cefic expects chemical prices to continue to increase this year.
- Petrochemicals in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p8
Reports business related developments in the chemical industry as of March 2003. Impact of BTX's falling crude oil prices on benzene pricing; Decision of Dicyclopentadiene Texmark Chemicals Inc. to increase prices for all grades of dicyclopentadiene; Launch of a 6c. per round increase on...
- THINK TANK. MELLOR, TRUONG // ICIS Chemical Business;8/29/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p13
The article discusses the volatility in the price of aromatic compounds in the U.S. The benzene prices have stayed constant in the face of downward pressure even as traders expected price to fall. It informs about the decrease in crude oil prices and its impact on the price of benzene and...
- 2001 Forecast. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;1/3/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p20
Presents market outlook for the oil and chemical industry, with emphasis on feedstocks, for 2001. Projected increase in feedstock price; Chemical profits; Petroleum prices.
- Asia counts cost of surging naphtha. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 504, p8
Reports on the impact of naphtha feedstock costs on the financial results of Asian cracker operators for the second half of 2005. Opinion of analyst Aaron Yap on the financial condition of Asian petrochemical companies; Lack of technical capability among several Asian naphtha-based crackers to...