PET demand to soar
- High-Tech Film Labels Keep Drinks Cold. // Plastics Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on the Cool2Go three-layer laminated polyethylene terephthalate film label developed by DuPont Packaging. Suitability of the product for beverages; Features of the film; Promotion of the packaging idea by Labatt Blue Cold One beer.
- PACKAGING AT A GLANCE. // Beverage World;9/15/2012, Vol. 131 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on the claim by U.S.-based Bemis Performance Packaging that its vibrant printed multi-pack shrink films can reduce the packaging materials for soft drink and beer by 98% and costs by up to 30% per package.
- The Moving Hand of Plastics. Rathje, W. L. // MSW Management;May/Jun2004, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
Relates the evolution of beverage containers in the U.S. Concept of the Garbage Project; Household disposal of beer and soda containers in the U.S. from 1979 to 1989; Reason why beer cannot be placed in polyethylene terephthalate plastic bottles.
- Clean and Simple. Kaplan, Andrew // Beverage World;4/15/2007, Vol. 126 Issue 4, p81
The article offers a look at the trends in beverage packaging. Wolf Blass Wines had introduced a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle for its Bilyara Reserve after the Liquor Control Board of Ontario put out a request for its suppliers to use greener packaging. A single-serve alcohol product...
- Coke to move drinks to plant-based PET. Park, Jill // Packaging News;Dec2009, p5
The article reports on the plan of the beverage company Coca-Cola Co. to change its soft drinks containers into PlantBottle packaging in Great Britain. It notes that PlantBottle is manufactured from polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic which is developed from sugar cane that is destined to...
- Global packaging market (beer & soft drinks). // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p4
Presents statistics showing trends in packaging market of beer and soft drinks.
- UNCLE MATT'S GOES PET. // Beverage Industry;Jan2003, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) packaging offered by Uncle Matt's Organic Juices for its organic orange juice. Features of the PET packaging of the juice; Variety in sizes of the PET bottles.
- PACKAGING OPPORTUNITIES. Jacobsen, Jessica // Beverage Industry;Feb2012, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p66
The article focuses on the aspects of packaging which can be important but a difficult decision for beverage makers in the U.S. which include the slow embrace of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) packaging in kids drinks, its step towards the alcohol drinks segment and overpackaging.
- Thirst for PET in BRIC nations. // Operations Management (1755-1501);2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the demand for flexible packaging chemical polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) countries. It says that the demand for PET in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to increase from 40.6 percent in 2010 to 47.8 percent in 2020 due to...