High hopes for acrylic acid producers
- Sellers push for MDI hike in response to demand. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2116, p10
Reports on the pursuance of higher prices by Europe's methylene dip-phenylene isocyanate (MDI) sellers in Europe in September and October 2004. Reason behind the price hike; Percentage increase in global MDI demand; Amount of the price increase.
- Producers predict hikes. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;3/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2139, p10
Reports on the European acrylic acid producers' prediction that prices will rise significantly in second quarter contracts on the back of sustained demand and tight supply in 2005. Increase in contract prices during the first quarter; Expectations on the demand for the third quarter; Factors...
- product focus. // Chemical Week;12/1/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 40, p54
Provides information on acrylic acid. Prices; Outlook for demand growth in the U.S. from 2004 through 2007; Use of an oxidation process by several plants to make acrylic acid.
- Acrylic acid. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/14/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 21, p36
The article discusses the uses of acrylic acid, its European demand, and the global market outlook for such chemical. Crude acrylic acid is used to make acrylates while glacial acrylic acid is used in superabsorbent polymers. Demand of the chemical in Europe is recovering due to seasonal...
- Rohm and Haas to increase prices for Polyacrylic Acid (PAA) products in the Asia-Pacific Region. // Chemical Business;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p79
The article announces the plan of Rohm and Haas' Primary Materials business to increase the price of its polyacrylic acid (PAA) products in the Asia-Pacific region. The company claimed that the price increases are attributed to the higher costs of the raw material glacial acrylic acid. It also...
- Shortages set to continue. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/29/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2126, p12
Reports on shortages in the European chemicals market, particularly acrylic acid stocks. Level of demand for acrylic acid; Statement from Monica Bianchi of consultancy Tecnon OrbiChem, on the European market; Reason for the price increase.
- The 1972--75 Commodity Boom. Cooper, Richard N.; Lawrence, Robert Z. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1975, Issue 3, p671
This article analyzes the 1972-1975 movements in U.S. commodity prices, with a view to establishing how much can be explained by conventional economic analysis of the general demand for and supply of industrial raw materials. An increase in commodity prices occurred in fiscal 1973-74. Even...
- CROSS PRICE ELASTICITY AND INCOME ELASTICITY OF DEMAND: ARE YOUR STUDENTS CONFUSED? Graves, Philip E.; Sexton, Robert L. // American Economist;Fall2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p107
The authors demonstrate that most textbooks are ambiguous at best in their treatment of cross price and income elasticity of demand. There is also no discussion of what initiates a price increase in discussions of substitutes and complements in the textbooks examined. The authors offer a remedy...
- Asda decision raises price pressure. Watts, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;8/24/2007, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p40
The article reports on the impact of the decision of grocery retailer Asda to lower the prices of milk on farmgate milk prices in Great Britain. The retailer posted a robust sales growth for the second quarter of 2007, which is said to be driven by the increase in number of its customers....