OX touches ten-year high
- Soybean Price Rallies on Reports of Low South American Yields. Doris de Guzman, Feliza // Chemical Market Reporter;3/29/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 13, p10
Identifies the factors for price increases of soybeans in the U.S., current as of March 29, 2004. Weather conditions in Brazil; Crop losses in South America; Harvest delays; Strike by federal inspection officials in Brazil; Chinese soybean demand. INSET: LATE SPOT PRICES.
- Organic Chemicals Showed Different Price Change. // China Chemical Reporter;9/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p15
The article provides information concerning the different price change or organic chemicals in China. In August 2007, phenol price has remained bullish. The prices of acetone changed differently by regions with fewer trading actions. Methanol price continued to increase from mid-July 2007 to...
- PLAYERS HOPE FOR CALMER QUARTER. Robson, Rachel; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p35
The article reports that the European maleic anhydride market faced a turbulent 2006 third quarter, with prices soaring as production problems plagued the market and tightened supply. Buyers and sellers alike note that supply is easing, but they acknowledge that if any further unexpected...
- PC still riding on a five-year high. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 492, p24
Reports on the stability of price increase in Asian polycarbonate (PC) as of May 30, 2005. Significance of its supply and demand tightness; Confidence of PC producers on prices for optical-grade PC; Possible response of producers to weakening demand for the chemical.
- OPTIMAL EOQ FOR ANNOUNCED PRICE INCREASES IN INFINITE HORIZON. Wei Huang; Kulkarni, Vidyadhar G.; Swaminathan, Jayashankar M. // Operations Research;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p336
In this paper we consider an infinite horizon economic order quantity (EOQ) model with single announced price increase, with an option of placing a special order just before the price increase takes effect. We extend earlier work where it is assumed that the special order is an integral multiple...
- Rice: Forecast To Average US$10.75/cwt In 2010. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/12/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p4
This article provides an outlook for prices of rice in 2010. According to Business Monitor International (BMI), prices of rice will increase but only temporary. BMI expects rice prices to fall in the short-to-medium term. The firm also forecasts a decline in the global supply of rice due to the...
- Rising Relative Prices or Inflation: Why Knowing the Difference Matters. Humpage, Owen F. // Economic Commentary;6/1/2008, p1
The author comments regarding the difference between inflation and the rising of prices. He states that acceleration of prices of goods and services is the result of the constant change of supply and demand, while inflation has several definitions including the increase of the currency in...
- Price rises mark a new development in supply. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p48
Discusses the impact of price increases of raw materials on the rubber industry. Status of rubber prices; Percentage of price increase being pushed by tire makers; Impact of oil price increase and the reduction of capacity for chemicals and products on prices and profits.
- Accidents Will Happen. Mitchell, John // World Today;Jul2004, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p7
Focuses on the history of oil price fluctuations that affects businesses and economies around the world. Reference to the many wars and conflicts in the past that affect oil prices as indicated by the price of Brent Crude; Claim that Asia is much more vulnerable when supply shocks occur;...