- Qafco enters Mesaieed talks. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/14/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 37, p15
This article reports on the negotiations between Qatar Fertiliser Co. (Qafco) and an Italian/South Korean consortium in 2007 for the main contract on its Qafco 5 expansion at Mesaieed, Qatar. The contract was retendered because of difficulties over cost with one of the two original contractors....
- Projects Watch. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p29
The article offers news about projects in the petroleum chemical industry as of November 27, 2006. Nippon Shokubai has plans to increase the capacity of its new acrylic resin unit at Himeji, Hyogo prefecture, Japan. Columbian Chemicals has been investing on capacity expansion at its carbon black...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/5/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 18, p16
The article offers news related to the petrochemical industry as of May 5-11, 2006. DSD Ferrometalco has started work on an ammonia plant construction project for Egypt Basic Industries Co. The urea and ammonia project planned by Shiraz Fertiliser Company in Iran is on hold pending an investment...
- NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. // Chemical Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p17
This section offers news briefs related to petrochemical plant construction projects. Ineos has welcomed a decision by Skanled to continue and expand the construction of a pipeline that will transport gas from KÃ¥rstÃ¸, Norway to industrial sites in Norway. Qatar Intermediate Holdings and...
- Firms line up for Al-Karaana. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/21/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on two petrochemicals schemes that are to be built in Qatar, namely the Al-Karaana complex and the Al-Sejeel complex.
- SABIC affiliate proceeds with Saudi ABS project. JAGGER, ANNA // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 22, p26
The article reports that the petroleum chemical industry company Petrokemya has awarded the initial contract for the construction of an acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Spezial Chemie Leuna expanding. // Colourage;Jun98, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p43
Reports that LURGI Oel-Gas-Chemie GmbH has won an order for an iodine and speciality chemicals production plant from Spezial Chemie Leuna GmbH.
- Lurgi to finish plant -- 10 years on. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2055, p40
Reports the near completion of the chemical plant of Lurgi Oel Gas Chemie in Russia's Bashkortosan republic in June 2003. Production capacity of the plant; Products of Lurgi.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p26
Presents news concerning the chemical industry as of August 5, 2002. Settlement of the patent infringement lawsuit between Jubilant Organosys Ltd. and Nepra Inc.; Demonstration plant built by Lurgi Oel Gas Chemie GmbH in Germany for the production of propylene.