Cytec plants spurred by growing fibre demand
- Carbon fiber expansion. // Technical Textiles / Technische Textilen;Jun2007, Vol. 50 Issue 2, pE60
The article reports on the plan of West Paterson, New Jersey-based carbon fiber producer Cytec Industries Inc. to expand its carbon fiber capacity in Greenville, South Carolina. With $150 million in investment, construction is expected to start in 2008 while operations are projected to begin by...
- Cytec Selects South Carolina for Fiber Expansion. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;2/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p13
This article announces that Cytec Industries has selected Greenville, South Carolina as the location for a previously announced carbon fiber expansion. Cytec says it will invest approximately $150 million in the project, which will double its carbon fiber capacity. Steve Speak, president of...
- Cytec To Expand Carbon Fiber Capacity In Greenville. // Textile World;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p58
The article reports on the selection of global specialty chemicals and materials company Cytec Industries Inc. of a site in Greenville, South Carolina to build its new carbon fiber manufacturing facility. The plant is expected to increase the company's carbon fiber manufacturing capacity and...
- New carbon fiber project. // Chemical Fibers International;Nov2011 Man-Made Fiber Year Book, Vol. 62, p16
The article focuses on a plan by a fiber plant in Inner Mongolia, China to construct a carbon fiber production facility with a capacity of 1,500 tons per year.
- INVISTA to Build New Nylon 6,6 Intermediates and Polymer Plant in China. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the announcement rendered by INVISTA regarding its manufacturing facility construction plan in Shanghai, China February 25, 2011.
- Adminex Builds Plant in Malaysia. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Jan2002, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p15
Reports the construction of an Admines Ltd. manufacturing plant in Ipoh, Malaysia. Schedule for the construction of the factory; Production capacity of the plant; Distribution of fine bone china tableware and sanitaryware.
- New carbon fiber player. // Chemical Fibers International;Jun2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p67
The article reports on the plan of the Russian company Alabuga-Fiber LLC to construct a carbon fiber production facility that will produce a volume of 1,500 tons at full capacity.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Postpones Start Up of Carbon Fiber Plant Due to Poor Demand. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;3/30/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that the start of production at a carbon fiber plant at Otake, Japan, has been postponed by Mitsubishi Rayon by about one year, until the fourth quarter of 2010. The decision was attributed to the current business conditions. Construction work at the site would be temporarily...
- PU firms expand in China, aim to hike sales. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;11/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p6
Reports the expansion plans of polyurethane companies in Caojing, China. Construction of an integrated world-scale isocyanates complex of manufacturing plants by BASF AG and Huntsman Polyurethanes company; Cost of the construction of a manufacturing facility by Bayer AG; Component of the joint...