Trade imbalance poses risks
- Pump up the volume. Ott, Kevin // Rubber & Plastics News;12/12/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p9
The article reports that China is home to more cheap labor than anyplace else on earth. China currency issue is difficult to encapsulate in a sound bite for attention deficit-prone culture. A new development speaks to the undervaluation of the yuan/RMB, on November 9, the U.S. China Economic and...
- Trade Surplus Grows Sharply. Clouse, Thomas // Global Finance;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the trade surplus in China has grown sharply to 11.4 billion dollar in April with 21.8% year-on-year import and almost 30% export growth.
- DÃ©jÃ Vu All Over Again. Garten, Jeffrey E. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);10/24/2005 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 17, p63
This article reports on the U.S.'s mission to pressure Beijing, China to open its economy and to allow its currency to float upward. The U.S. trade deficit with China has already topped $107 billion so far in 2005. Congress has threatened to impose a new tariff on all goods from China. The view...
- DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A SLOWDOWN? Chandler, Clay // Fortune International (Europe);7/11/2005, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on economic policy and commerce in China, which remains the world's fastest-growing economy. In the first quarter of 2005, GDP grew by 9.4%, stronger than expected and the seventh consecutive quarter of 9%-plus expansion. But the pace seems to be slowing: Among private...
- China. Clouse, Thomas // Global Finance;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p14
The article offers updates on the economic situation of China, including the 27.15-billion dollar increase in the country's trade surplus, the 4.4% year-on-year growth in the country's consumer price index, and 54.8% increase of HSBC China's purchasing managers' index in October 2010.
- Foreign Trade Favorable Balance Increase. // China Chemical Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p6
The article states that according to the released data by the Customs General Administration, China's accumulative total import and export value reached U.S.$1148.61 billion in the first 10 months of 2005, which approached the U.S.$1154.79 billion in the whole 2004 and represented an increase of...
- China. // BOFIT Weekly;12/22/2015, Issue 52/53, p2
The article presents a brief overview of Chinese economy in 2015 including China's trade surplus remaining fairly stable with commodities removed, its trade with African countries and the European Union preparing sanctions against China for steel dumping.
- ONE MINUTE WITH... SANDRO ANTONUCCI, LOMBARD ODIER. // Asian Investor;Jul2010, p5
The article offers information on China's economic growth momentum relative to its share prices, domestic equities and valuation.
- Yuan Appreciation To Regain Pace. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
The article presents an outlook of the performance of the Chinese yuan currency for 2008. The currency's value is anticipated to rise as Chinese policymakers are given increased time allowances to combat the high inflation rate in the country. Analysts believe that the yuan might overcome the...