- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/13/2002, Vol. 263 Issue 2, p3
Reports on developments in the chemical industry as of January 2003. Strategic alliance between PolyOne Corp. and Nanocor Inc.; Croda Healthcare's expansion of its lipid production; Deal between Lonza Biologics and Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/17/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 2, p10
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry in the United States. Olin Chlor Alkali Products is planning an $11.8 million expansion of its bleach facilities in Augusta, Georgia, Charleston, Tennessee, and Niagara Falls, New York. Ferro has reported revenues of $505 million for the...
- Sinopec merges two subsidiaries. Tan, Florence // Chemical Market Reporter;6/13/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 24, p15
Reports that Sinopec Corp. has merged two of its subsidiaries, Nanjing Chemical Industrial Co. and Nanjing Chemical Plant in Nanjing, China. Purpose of the merger; Name of the merger; Amount Sinopec will invest in the merger.
- Sumitomo Seika Establishes Korea Subsidiary. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;6/23/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 19, p12
The article reports that Sumitomo Seika Chemicals plans to establish a wholly owned manufacturing and sales subsidiary in Korea to meet growing demand for its products in the Korean market. Sumitomo Seika says it will build a plant to produce high-purity ammonia gas at Paju, Korea as well as a...
- PetroChina's new strategy to boost petrochemicals. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/10/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 445, p9
Reports on the business strategies of PetroChina to improve petroleum chemical sales in 2004. Allocation of core products to its subsidiaries; Investment in new technologies; Rehaul of its fertilizer facilities; Market share of PetroChina in China.
- Baling plans PP unit. Tan, Florence // Chemical Market Reporter;8/22/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the plan of Baling Petrochemical, a subsidiary of Chinese major Sinopec, to build a polypropylene (PP) unit at Yueyang, Hunan province, where it has a refinery.
- Nod for Jilin's cracker expansion. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 441, p20
Reports on the expansion efforts of Jilin Chemical Industrial Co., a PetroChina Co. Ltd. subsidiary in China. Reason behind the expansion efforts; Background on the construction of several chemical plants by Jilin Chemical; Involvement of Germany-based Linde AG in the project.
- Dalian Petrochemical Augments Refining Capacity. // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the completion of an atmospheric and vacuum distillation unit of PetroChina Dalian Petrochemical Co. Ltd. on March 28, 2006. The project increases the primary processing capacity of the company. The unit uses crude oil processing technology from Russia. The company has the...
- Financial Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/18/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p15
Reports on developments involving companies in the chemical manufacturing companies in the U.S. Sale of Monsanto Co.'s thirty-year notes amounting to four-hundred-million dollars; Plan of Valspar Corp. to sell its multi-million dollar notes due in 2015; Prepayment of Pioneer Cos. Inc.'s...