CCM goes on the acquisition trail
- Transformed Degussa Ready for Growth. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the business operations and financial performance of the U.S.-based chemical company, Degussa-Huls. Merger with various companies; Emphasis of business strategy on specialty chemicals, restructuring and business growth; Strategies for decentralization; Financial strategies.
- Asia Watch. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p12
The article offers news briefs in the chemical industry in Asia. Chemical Company of Malaysia posted a 41.9 percent drop in its third-quarter operating profit. Investments in China by companies in the chemical feedstock and petrochemicals industry grew by 22.4 percent in the first 10 months of...
- SPECIALTY CHEMICALS. // Chemical Week;8/16/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, ps18
The article examines the specialty chemicals industry in Malaysia. Increased investment in manufacturing operations and the existence of marketing networks comprised by local experts and major international players demonstrate the surged in demand growth for both commodity grade and specialty...
- Fund Manager Buys Majority of Chemical Co. of Malaysia. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/19/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the decision of state-owned fund manager Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB) to increase its stake in Chemical Co. of Malaysia (CCM) in 2005. Speculation on the identity of the seller; Chemical products produced by CCM; Reason for the move of PNB.
- CCM nears acquisition. // Chemical Week;5/22/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 20, p6
Reports on Chemical Co. of Malaysia's negotiation for an acquisition in the industrial chemicals sector. Amount planned to be invested in the industry by the company.
- Perstorp Enters North American Phenolics. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p56
Focuses on the acquisition of the moldable composites division of Rogers by Perstorp in 2002. Terms of the deal; Business plans of Perstorp.
- The Future Is In Plastics, And Every Other Chemical. Melillo, Wendy; Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/23/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p11
A typical marketing problem in a merger is how to create one corporate positioning out of two. But the dilemma is more peculiar when one of the two positionings is well-known and successful but must be made over to fit the needs of the merger. The American Chemistry Council (ACC) and the...
- europe newslines: newsbriefs. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p10
The article offers news briefs related to chemical industry in Europe. Cargill Corp. has opened a new sales office to serve its growing customer base in Haubourdin, France. Soudal announced that the company has taken over Aerotrim aerosol and spray cans/sprays producer in Limburg, Belgium....
- Changing faces. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;5/12/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 19, p36
The article offers the author's comments on mergers and acquisition activities in the chemical industry in Europe. According to him, the time has changed over the past two decades and in the present scenario the companies have to be more careful in dealing any takeovers. He says in a situation...