ASIA & MIDDLE EAST
- Take Flight. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Jul2005, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p58
Reports that entrepreneurs are relying on foreign investors for their financial needs. Decision of Oddcast Inc. to partner with Itochu, a Japan-based conglomerate; Observation that Japanese investors are less concerned about financial returns on their U.S. investments than long-term strategic...
- Trinidad & Tobago: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Trinidad & Tobago Country Report;2003, p37
Presents information on foreign investment in Trinidad and Tobago. Difficulties faced by investors; Details of the capital markets in the state; Features of the Bilateral Investment Treaty of the state with the U.S.
- Hosting at the Port of Antwerp. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/12/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 8, Special section p10
Reports on the impact of the concept of third party hosting on the Port of Antwerp's drive to attract new chemical industry investors in Belgium. Port Authority's offering of long-term leases; Benefits of the port; Host companies' offering of practical information and full assistance in all...
- MEED 100. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/7/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p39
The article discusses the outcome of "MEED: Middle East Economic Digest" analysis of the Middle East's top 100 publicly quoted companies by capitalization. It shows that the 8-month-long correction in the Gulfs capital markets, which began in February 2006, has created some good opportunities...
- Testing the Catering Theory of Dividends: The Case of the Japanese Chemicals Industry. Tsuji, Chikashi // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jul2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p168
We test the catering theory of dividends using data from firms in the Japanese chemicals industry. Our empirical investigations reveal that, in the Japanese chemicals industry, corporate managers do not consider catering behavior in either their dividend initiation decisions or their...
- Taming the bear market. Brice, Andy // Chemical Market Reporter;9/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the condition of the chemical and petrochemical industry in Russia. Opportunities in petrochemicals offered to potential investors as an alternative to the Middle East; Total chemical exports of the country; Increase in foreign investment in the country. INSET: CAPACITY OF MAJOR...
- Ukraine: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Ukraine Country Report;2003, p37
No abstract available.
- Syria: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Syria Country Report;2003, p37
Presents information on foreign investments in Syria. Key pieces of legislation passed by the government to encourage investment; Problems faced by investors; Details of the capital markets in the state.
- CHILE: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Chile Country Report;2006, p43
Provides an overview of the foreign investment policies in Chile as of January 2006. Allocation measures for Chilean capital markets; Regulations for disputes involving U.S. investors; Reforms in the country's insurance industry and mutual funds portfolio investing.