BP poised to divest SPC
- BP to Quit PTA Venture with Samsung. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/26/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 25, p18
The article reports that BP has decided to sell its 47.41% stake in purified terephthalic acid (PTA) joint venture Samsung Petrochemical (SPC). The Samsung Group is the other leading shareholder in the jv, also with 47.41%. SPC operates four PTA plants split between Ulsan and Daesan, Korea, with...
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;1/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p16
Presents several news briefs on acquisitions, sale of corporations and joint ventures. Bayer Corporation's acquisition of Monsanto's styrenic engineering plastics business; Hanson PLC to sell several United States businesses; Airgas' plans to buy Acetylene Gas; More.
- SGL and Samsung form carbon composite materials JV. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;7/1/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 18, p16
The article reports that, as of July 2013, the petroleum chemical company Samsung Petrochemical Co. Ltd. and the carbon manufacturer SGL Carbon SE have formed a marketing and sales joint venture for carbon fiber composite materials that will be known as Samsung SGL Carbon Composite Materials.
- SGL Group and Samsung Establish JV for Carbon Composite Materials. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p9
The article reports that Samsung Petrochemical and carbon company SGL Group have established a marketing and sales joint venture named Samsung SGL Carbon Composite Materials to develop industrial applications with carbon composite materials for Samsung and market in Korea.
- Ineos buys Innovene from BP for $9 billion. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;10/10/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p35
This article reports that in a $9 billion cash deal, British Petroleum Co. PLC has sold its Innovene polyolefins and olefins business to Ineos Group Ltd. a specialty chemicals maker in Lyndhurst, England. Ineos also is adding 26 plants and 8,500 employees to its own totals of 46 plants and 7,000...
- Key dates. // Packaging News;Feb2009, p3
The article presents the chronological events for Chesapeake company. It includes that in 1984 it had acquired Color-Box, expanding into point of purchase packaging and in 1985 it was named on the Fortune 500. Another in 1999, it acquired Field Group and forms a joint venture with Pacific Corp....
- In brief. // Airline Business;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p18
This section presents news briefs on the airline industry in Europe. German tour operator TUI Group has unveiled a new brand, TUIfly, for its seven in-house airlines. Meanwhile, British West Indies Airways has sold all of its London Heathrow slots to British Airways as part of a codeshare deal....
- Australia's Worley Buys Parsons E&C. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/18/2004, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p17
The article reports about North Sydney, Australia-based Worley Group Ltd.'s decision to sign an agreement to acquire Parsons E&C Corp. for $245 million. The new unit, after approval by Worley shareholders will be known as WorleyParsons. The acquisition price is 6.9 times Parsons E&C's pro forma...
- Full Ownership. // Ward's Auto World;Jul2004, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the full ownership of DaimlerChrysler thermal products plant in Dayton, Ohio by Behr America Inc. Information on a joint venture entered into by Behr and Daimler; Significance of the Dayton facility to Behr's plan to expand in the U.S.; Operations of the Dayton facility.